Tuesday, October 10, 2017

New from Milani- Everyday Eyes Basic Mattes & Must Have Metallics and Amore Matte Lipstick in Spicy

Today I'm happy to be bringing some new releases from one of my favorite drugstore brands, Milani.



Milani has added two new palettes to their Everyday Eyes range- 07 Basic Mattes and 08 Must Have Metallics. Each palette contains 6g of product across six pans and retail for $11 on the brand's site. In my experience, you can find them cheaper at Walgreens and Walmart.

I'm a huge fan of these because I think they're one of the best values at the drugstore. Let's dig into these.



Everyday Eyes 07 Basic Mattes is Milani's first foray into an all-matte palette- and my camera rode the struggle bus trying to accurately capture the colors- especially next to the warm metallic palette.


This palette has a great balance- it's slightly warm but some of the shades are a little more neutral.



Let's take a closer look at the palette without that lid.


That photo pulls it a lot cooler than it actually is, but we'll live. I've had some poor experiences with drugstore mattes lately (reviews to come), so the question was if Milani would play me wrong as well.

After testing, swatching, and playing it's clear to me that there are two types of shadows in here. There are 5 true mattes (1, 3, 4, 5, 6) and they're all glorious. There's one shimmery shade (#2), which was really patchy and tough to work with.



Overall, five out of six winners. I'll take that any day! This is a winner.

Next up,08 Must Have Metallics. This is a collection of five warm metallics and one black matte, which is designed to be used as a liner.


This is so very popular and on-trend. For me, the question was what Milani would do with it.



These shades aren't revolutionary, but they are pretty, right?


There are actually three distinct formulas here.  #1 is a satin which pretty much blends in with my NW13-15 skin. #2, #3, #4, #5 are flaky, almost moist (you know what I mean) metallics that flake in the pan. They're so very pretty- and let me point out that my swatches are dry.  #6 is a matte black that I could've done without. It's pretty stiff.



I wanted to show you the pans after I initially swatched. Yikes.



I think this is another great interpretation of the warm eye trend, I'm glad to see Milani expanding this range.

Lastly, let's move onto the only Amore Matte Liquid Lipstick that I picked up- 49 Spicy. These retail for $9 each, and according to the brand, this is a limited edition shade.



For that $9, you receive a matte liquid lipstick that dries down completely and contains 6g of product. This is touted as a "soft terracotta," and the formula is claimed to be vegan.

I'm a little sad that this shade is limited edition- I find that Milani's liquid lip range skews more towards the pinks and reds. Spicy is a fun, pumpkin-esque, fall orange that I'm going to enjoy wearing.



I find the wand easy to handle.



My sensitive lips handle this formula (which smells like vanilla buttercream or cupcakes) well with a primer. It is drying though.



These take a couple of minutes to dry down, but you're seeing one layer, no lipliner here.



I think Spicy's a fall winner!

As a side note, I had to order the Metallic palette from Milani's website because the Walgreens where I discovered the display was out of it. This was my first experience ordering from Milani's website, and I was pleased overall. My order shipped quickly and I received my products within a week- with free shipping. My order also arrived with three sample packets. I won't hesitate to just order from the brand in the future instead of struggling to find the products in person.

Bottom Line: Milani's one of my drugstore favorites for a reason. I think that these Everyday Eyes palettes are one of the nicest drugstore palettes and reasonably priced. If you see either of these, grab them. I like the Amore Matte lip formula as well-it was actually the first liquid lipstick that I ever tried and it's got a soft spot in my heart because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.