Monday, October 30, 2017

QBB's Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

I know everyone out there is giving their recommendations, but here are my two cents on what you should look at. I've tested all of these products and truly recommend them all. I'll keep it short and sweet here- but here's my best of the best in a few different categories.

Skincare

In general, I think you can take two approaches to the sale. First, you can buy all of the shiny new things. Or, you can stock up on skincare and you were going to buy the shiny things anyway...

I fall somewhere in the middle. I think this is an excellent time to splurge on some goodies. Here are some of my top recommendations. Although there isn't much text, I've been thinking about these for a few months. So this is the best of the best, guys and gals. I'm happy to answer questions in the comments.


1. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum ($80)



I just replaced mine at full price. I mean it when I say my skin visibly responds to this one. It's now a HG product for me. At the least, pick up a kit with the smaller ones to try. This is an example, as is this.


2. Shiseido Facial Cotton ($10)



If you've ever tried these, you know how good they are.


3. Laneige Water Bank Sleeping Mask ($25)


I've had this in my stash for years and am happy to see this brand at Sephora. This is a great hydrating mask- and just before winter is the time to load up on products like this!

4. Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream ($57)



This is my HG eye cream, and I always recommend it to anyone looking for a hydrating, plumping eye cream. It's not targeted for dark circle reduction, but it helps with mine.


5. Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist Pure Retinol Eye Masks ($17.50-65)

Here's the deal. I can't use these, but they're fantastic. I'm extremely sensitive to retinol, but these masks are truly effective. These depuff and demonstrate a fast effect on your undereye. If you can stand retinol, I recommend picking up at least the three-pack.



Makeup

I'm going to largely avoid the holiday releases (except for two) and focus on the permanent good stuff here. I'll try to keep my selections in line here.

Eye Palettes:

1. Viseart Eyeshadow Palette- Neutral Mattes ($80)



What else were you expecting? I find all of these palettes amazing, but the Neutral Mattes (available in all Sephora stores on an endcap) is a classic palette that is worth the splurge. I do have a review on the blog.

2. Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette ($62)



Review coming Saturday, but it's that good, guys. These are colorful, pigmented, and blendable shadows that are worth every penny.


3. Tarte Clay Play Palette ($46) or Tartelette in Bloom Palette ($46)



I'm cheating here- I wanted to give a top 3 but I love these two neutral palettes for many reasons. Clay Play is quiet, steady, and your new best friend. I'm closing in on completely using up my Tartelette in Bloom. It's not been shown on the blog for awhile because it looks sad. Sad in this case is good.

I could keep going, but those are my top 3.


Face:


1. NARS Soft Matte Concealer ($31)



I rarely talk about this product, but it's a quiet staple in my routine. I would've panned mine already but I stopped using it this summer for shade match, and I'm currently using up a stick concealer. I normally don't like pot concealers, but this is a great one.

2. Tarte Colored Clay CC Underye Corrector ($25)



I've used up so many of these. I find this formula (which comes in 2 tones) to be essential for my undereyes, and any number of concealers just work over it. I think this is a highly underrated item worth looking at,

3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector-Pressed ($38)


Pick your favorite (I can't believe Sephora still has Prismatic Amethyst in stock!); this is a great time to try this cult-favorite.


Again, I've got far more recommendations but these are my top 3.

Lips:

1. Hourglass Confession Lisptick ($34, refills $22)


I'll be sharing my thoughts on the holiday set later this week, but  I'll tip my hand. I think this is an incredible, beautiful formula and will be picking up some additional refills myself.


2. bareMinerals Gen Nude or Statement Matte Liquid Lipsticks ($18)


This is my favorite liquid lipstick on the market. It's so comfortable. I love both the nude and statement versions. If you're indecisive, there's also this holiday set that has three of the liquid lips and three of the glosses that are awesome.  They don't dry out your lips, and there's a color out there for everyone. I'd call these a gateway to more matte liquid lips.


3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer ($16)



I don't hear anyone talking about this ever- but it's been a lifesaver for me. I can wear more matte formulas comfortably.


Bonus: Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb ($18). It's gorgeous and perfect on everyone!



Other:

1. Living Proof PhD Dry Shampoo Set ($22)



This is my HG dry shampoo (like many others), and you get the free travel size for the same price as the regular bottle. What's not to love? Come to think of it, this will probably end up coming home with me- even though I just picked up a backup from Ulta when I had a 20% off coupon.


2. Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant ($30)



I have thin hair. I color treat, and it's prone to breakage. Therefore, I've tried most of the heat protectors on the market and I keep coming back to this- despite the price.


3. Drybar The Tress Press ($150)



I wish that this year there was a kit to up the value on this, but this is my current flat iron- and my favorite ever. It goes down to 280 degrees, and up to well over 400 (not sure since I never go that high!). And it's digital. It's worth the investment- my hair has ever been happier than when I started using this.

I could keep going about the products I love from Sephora, but I won't. If you have questions on any particular products, please let me know and I'll happily answer!

Happy VIB Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.