Saturday, October 28, 2017

MAC Snow Ball Eye Bag in Smoky Gold for Holiday 2017

And hello my lovelies!

Welcome back to Holiday 2017. Sorry that I had to use a bit of filler, but this week has been insane. Heck, just look at my Instagram regarding this very post to see what's up. I had this on my eyes and photographed by a few minutes after 5AM.



Let's talk about my final selection from the MAC Snow Ball Collection-the Eye Bag in Smoky Gold. As an aside, I know that's descriptive, but I hate the name. This comes with three products in a gorgeous makeup bag for $39.50. There are two versions of this- Smoky Gold and Smoky Pink. This is being widely released on Thursday, November 2 as part of Phase II of MAC Snow Ball Holiday 2017 collection.



So, let's talk about what you get for your $39.50. I tend to find the eye kits one of the better values (if the products perform).

First, you receive a pair of Extra Dimension Eyeshadows in Just Gleaming and Snowdusk in one of those pre-made MAC duos.



Comparing the size of the pan, you receive the same amount as the singles, which normally retail for $20 each. And these come with the gorgeous snowflake stamping as well.


I thought these two corresponded really well with the singles at the event, hence why I picked this up. Just Gleaming is a pretty champagne gold color, and Snowdusk is a gorgeous taupey brown that's hitting those cool-toned notes for me.



Like the singles, here's a finger swatch:




No, not the most original shades but they're so pretty to have.  I think they're very wearable.

Now, let's talk about when I tested the shadows. Admittedly, these got a one-day test, with Glitter Glue on my lid, and without primer in the inner corner.

These are really stiff and produce a lot of fallout for this formula. Whereas the singles just glide like butter, I had to be careful with these and ultimately ended up foiling them. I honestly don't mind, but I feel it's significant enough to provide a consumer warning. I've never ran into this with the Extra Dimension eyeshadow before- I'm used to them being almost creamy. Hmm.



The day that I tested these I put Snowdusk all over my lid, with just a little bit of Just Gleaming on the inner part of the lid and a bit of inner corner highlight. In case you're wondering, I paired this with the top row of the Viseart Cool Matte eyeshadow palette.

Next up, you receive a Technakohl Liner Kajal in Photogravure.



This is the same size as the ones normally released, and is a part of the permanent collection.



This is a totally wearable dark brown- I've been testing it on the lower lashline, and actually abandoned black upper liner one day to see how it performed up there. It's not my holy grail, but it's a nice formula. And the color's just a great, wearable shade.



I think the best review I can give is that as someone with way too many brown liners, I'd repurchase. I've been testing this off and on for the entire work week, unlike the shadows. It's good.



So far, so good with this set!


The final product in the bag is the In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara, which normally retails for $22.



I'm going to point you to the brand for photos of the wand, as I'm not going to open this guy up until I'm ready to start using it. Sorry, but I don't want to be wasteful of mascara. I have used the formula before- be careful, as a little goes a long way with this rubber wand.

We're at a total value of $79.50 for the contents of the bag.

Now, let's talk about the bag itself.


It's silver with a lace overlay and beautiful. It's worth a few dollars at the very least. We're already at double the price-that's the range of value that I generally look for in a value set.

In short, I think this is a great kit and it would make a fantastic gift. Although I'm done purchasing from what I consider to be one of the best collections of the season, I hope that there's a full restock and everyone gets to enjoy it as well. I'm feeling very festive these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.