Wednesday, October 25, 2017

MAC Snow Ball Collection for Holiday 2017: The Extra Dimension Eyeshadows



I almost feel guilty reviewing these shadows because they were blink and you've missed them limited.

Remember how I was complaining after having gone to the preview event? Luckily, I had a contact hook a sister up. I was one of few people to have the opportunity to purchase all five shades- and I did. Please note that I'm not bragging, nor am I trying to rub in that I got such limited items. I'm so sorry that these were hard to get because they're honestly some of the best that MAC has put out in years.

Let's just hope for a restock. This is the product page.



I'm honestly posting because not even the great Temptalia has all five- and they're sitting in front of me. Since I have a blog, I feel a responsibility to do it.



Each of these shadows contain 1.3g/0.04oz of product, and they retail for $20 each. This is the same as the permanent collection Extra Dimension Eyeshadow that I have in front of me. They're in stunning cracked gold packaging- similar to the cracked rose gold that I featured in this post.


Let's look at these breathtaking shades. We'll go lightest-darkest. One key caveat here is that these are finger swatches.



First up is Frostwinked.



According to MAC, this is "white with silver pearl."



Initially, I waffled on this shade. It's really hard to see on my skin, but it's frosty and pretty. I love this in the inner corner. I think this would be stunning on deeper skintones with a white base.


I should also try this as a highlight, right? It's very pretty and sparkly.




Next up is Delicate Drift.



According to MAC, this is "light pink with sparkle."


This is one of the more subtle shades in the collection- and other one that's tough to capture.


I see gold and pink, but this isn't an overly sparkly shade. It's pretty and subtle- but not breathtakingly original. I do think I could wear this to work on my lids. And might.






Next up is Stylishly Merry.



According to MAC, this is "gold shimmer."



MAC's underselling this. Stylishly Merry is one of the most beautiful eyeshadows I've ever seen- and the troublemaker of the collection. This was the first to sell out. It's a multichrome on my skin. It flashes between pink, gold, and even a slight greeny shift in the middle. When I was at the event, someone with a dark skintone swatched it next to me and it looked far more gold on her- it's pinky on me. I put this on my lids ASAP. It works wonderfully, even not foiled. I just use a 228 and pat over Too Faced Glitter Glue (my new go-to routine for most sparkly shades). I'm OBSESSED with this shadow.


My swatches don't do it justice. I'll try to edit in an "on-the-eye" photo when I next wear it (currently testing other holiday releases, and it's way too sparkly for M-F). If I wasn't so tired, I'd have some words to describe what this does to me. It makes me feel things, ok?






Next up is It's Snowing.



According to MAC, this is "pinky purple shimmer."



This is another chameleon shade to me. At the launch event, I really thought this was a light taupey brown- a warm one at that. I never would've called it pinky. But I see pink in this really smooth shade in some lights.

But I think you see brown in this swatch, too.


This is a buttery smooth shade that I think is work-appropriate and less bling. Think smooth jazz vs pop. It's so pretty and shifts in shade just a bit.




Last up is Starry, Starry Nights.



According to MAC, this is "black with silver sparkle."


For once, I totally agree with MAC.


Not the most original shade, but it's going to be fun to play with it in this formula. I saw a MAC MUA sheer it out all over (so pretty), and I'm going to try to replicate the look some upcoming weekend. It's oddly festive.

Here's a group swatch:

Obviously, the bottom is under cold studio lighting.


I normally don't like to show items that aren't for sale, but I hope that these swatches are helpful. I can't wait to play with these more, but I'm testing a palette this week for the blog- and will be doing evening looks with my Use them ALL palettes. This collection totally screams holiday to me.


If you get the chance to pick any of them up, I highly recommend these. I feel guilty to love these, but they're so fun.

Did you get your hands on these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.