Saturday, October 21, 2017

Natasha Denona All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer in Powder #01 Light

I know, more Natasha Denona products. I'm a high/low type of girl though- and these are high end to be sure. Today, let's talk about a product that haunted me for months before I finally picked it up.



The Natasha Denona All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer Powder comes in three shades (I have 01 Light), contains 10g/0.35oz, was made in Italy, has a 24 month expiry, and states that it's not tested on animals. It retails for $38, like the other cheek products I've tested from the line.

It's a similar compact to the Blush Duos- it's the same size, although this is a solid rose gold compact.




With the reflective packaging, yes it shows fingerprints and it's a devil to photograph!




Let's talk about the shades and this formula.

There are two reasons why I dragged my feet for months on this product: shade and price.

Let's just get the price out of it- these are the same price as a Becca highlighter; I have so many highlighters that I'm really slow to pick them up these days because I have a drawer full. I've hit the point where it's a one in, one out proposition.

Now, let's talk about the shade. It's lovely- and tough to photograph.


It almost looks pink here, but trust me- it's another champagne highlighter. Although beautiful, we have so many of these in our collections. Let's go to the swatch to show the true shade (the compact plays with the palette).



Ah, there we go. Slightly out of focus but true to shade, you can see that it's a lovely champagne highlighter- but nothing revolutionary.

That said, I love the formula. Unlike the Becca ones, this one doesn't point out any texture issues or look too metallic. I can either get a natural glow with a light hand or a BAM highlighter with it built up. This is a lovely, creamy formula and a delight to work with. It's certainly worth every penny and I've been loving it. I'm just sorry that I waited until September to pick it up- this is a summer beauty for sure.

Sadly, there is a caveat to this otherwise sunny review. One of my favorite tricks is to pop highlighters on the lid when I need a brightening shade. Don't do it with this.

I did it once and my lids began immediately to burn; I had to wash off my entire face of makeup and start over. I know these aren't advertised as eyeshadows, but given the popularity of this trick I felt compelled to let you all know about this.

I do love this as a go-to in my highlighter rotation. Like most of the other Natasha Denona products I've tried, I can truly see the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.