Sunday, October 15, 2017

Collection Preview: MAC Snow Ball Collection for Holiday 2017



Although I'll be breaking down the sad, solitary item I was able to purchase on Tuesday, I wanted to share my experience last week when I had the opportunity to play and swatch the MAC Snow Ball Collection last Thursday. Please note that sad refers to the fact that I could only purchase one item when I'd planned to purchase far more, not an indication of the quality of the item. We'll get into that on Tuesday.

Side note: sorry for the watermarks, but this is a MAC holiday collection preview. Y'all understand.

Following Sephora's lead with Rouge-only events, MAC decided to give a preview event to Select members. Given that the products looked glorious, I signed up. Sadly, this store was tough to get to which made the experience even that more frustrating.



Yes, I know it's cropped but I don't like showing people without their permission.

We were given little menus- here's a shot of one of the pages.


OK, let's take a look at the collection.

Here's the one set I purchased- the Snow Ball Face Bag ($49.50).



This contains one Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt, one 140SES synthetic fan brush, and a sequined bag.

I'm passing on the two Snow Ball Eye Compacts ($29.50 each):


There are two options, Gold and Rose Gold. Don't mind the champagne in the corner there. Although MAC's pre-made palettes are notoriously inconsistent, the last ones that I bought (Fruity Juicy) were excellent. These do come with a bag as well.



Although I'm not doing lip items right now, the Lip Bags ($39.50) tend to be a nice value.


There are two options- Nude and Red. You get a full-sized lipstick, a Lipglass, and a Pro Longwear Lip Pencil.

I didn't photograph the mini lipstick sets (3 versions, 3 minis in cool, warm, or pink for $29.50), the mini gloss sets (3 versions- nude, pink, or rose for $29.50 with a bag that holds 2 Cremesheens and 1 Vamplify), the large mini set that's been making rounds ($69.50, 12 minis), the Pigment & Glitter Kit (2 mini pigments, 1 mini glitter)- $29.50, or either brush set.

One of the items I do hope to pick up is the Snow Ball Eye Bag ($39.50)



There are two options: Smoky Pink or Smoky Gold. You get a full-sized Technakohl liner, 1 Extreme Dimension Mascara, and a duo of Extra Dimension Eyeshadows. Truth told, I think this was still available when I checked out but I was too upset to purchase it.

Last up, the single items that caused all of the problems at the event. Know why there were problems? MAC, they're good. Sending about 6 of each for an event to makeup lovers is inexcusable.


We didn't have prices, but I'm pretty sure they can be found online. I believe the Extra Dimension Eyeshadow Singles are $20 each.

There wasn't enough stock and since I didn't watch someone else swatch a shadow (me, specifically) and run and push to the cash register, I wasn't able to purchase the items I wanted because they sold out. That's not ok.

I'm passing on the lipsticks- they're mostly frosty and metallic and not for my skintone. I may pick up the gold lashes. I'm not sure about the two face powders since I got WOG. But the eyeshadows... they're special, guys.

Here's a sneaky swatch photo of the shadows, the powders, and the lipsticks:


It's that center shadow that caused all of the issues. It's breathtaking and I literally gasped when I swatched it. I should've left with it instead of empty handed. I'm literally having to rely upon connections to make sure I can get my hands on it Thursday- something that's inexcusable, MAC. I'll never attend another event like this again because they don't send enough stock and there's zero incentive to do so.

The products are good. Otherwise I'd pass based on the stupidity of the event.

I thought it was important to show the collection to you as soon as I could. Today is the first day I've been writing in a few, so here this post is.

This week I'm sucking up my personal feelings and will be reviewing the MAC Face Bag, the ABH mini liquid lipstick trio, ABH Sugar Glow Kit, the ABH Prism Palette, and finally posting my thoughts on the Natasha Denona Sunset palette (which comes back for good around the 23rd- I need to check my notes). I'll also post an overview on the LORAC lip kits since I purchased all six.

Phew.


Did you attend one of these events? Did your local store have enough stock for those who stood in line or were you shut out of items? Please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.