Monday, October 9, 2017

QBB Hauls: Long Weekend Edition

Since today's a government holiday here in the US, I thought I'd share some of my recent purchases. Here's the best part: with my commitment to reviewing more permanent collection items, I am seeing myself work far enough into the future that there's going to be daily posts the rest of the year. I'm working way ahead of the current time because I write when I can. I'm always going to drop things for certain items.

Anyhow, let's talk about some recent purchases from this past weekend. I went a little crazy.


First up, I picked up a few items at Ulta:



I picked up the LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lipstick Set Vol II, LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lip Gloss Set Vol 1, Catrice The Nude Blossom Eyeshadow Palette, Essence the metals eyeshadows 01 Ballerina Glam & 04 Deep Sea Shimmer, and I picked up one of Ulta's BCA fundraiser products- the Beauty Notes notebook.



I also spent some time at my local Kohls:




I picked up the LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lipstick Set Vol III, LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lip Gloss Set Vol III, and spotted the Cargo Getaway Palette for 50% off. (By the way, I purchased this on Saturday and I'm already on Day #2 of testing because I want to get out a review ASAP at this price for you. Watch for that in a few days.)


I'm also huge fan of TJMaxx:



I was able to nab two more Ole Henricksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths.  Believe it or not, I actually passed on some Kevyn Aucoin shadows... and I don't regret it. Those large packs of Ole cloths are such a great deal- they're 100 cloths for $9.99; the repackaged version is $27 online. I also grabbed another backup of one of my favorite conditioners- Strivectin Hair Volume Conditioner.


I made a K-Beauty skincare run:




That's 10 Hyaluronic Acid masks, 10 Tea Tree Masks, a HA Baby Face Spray, and some samples. I needed to stock up on masks, and had used up my facial spray. These are a lot more affordable than you'd think- they're just $1.50 each. I also picked up one Iope Bio Intensive Essence Mask to try.



I also stopped off at Sally Beauty:



Luckily, Seche Vite was on sale, and I grabbed the little guy for work. Anytime I'm in the store, I grab a pack of nail wheels. They also sell some of my favorite lashes- Ardell Baby Demis and Ardell Baby Whispies. I can and do cut full-sized ones down, but sometimes it's nice to have something that just fits without adjustment. I picked up a glass bowl for nails and got curious with Bitsy Custom Eyeshadows. They're ridiculously expensive, so I picked up a pan to test.


Lastly, I used a CVS coupon and struck gold, finding a beloved, discontinued brand.



Yes, that's five Enlite Skin Like Buttah body butters (75% off, $4.84 each), three Enlite Sole Struck foot and leg lotion (75% off, less than $5 each), two boxes of Enlite Check Your Bags at the Door eye masks (full priced, I pray these are making a comeback).



I picked up a backup of the bioEssence Matcha Foaming Cleanser I'm currently using (oops, that might spoil my upcoming, planned review. But I may wait until I've nearly finished the first bottle to post.)- what I actually planned to purchase with my 25% off coupon. When looking at the skincare, I got really curious about the beauty 360 Refine Self-Heating Clay Face Mask.


Just for reference, I've got orders from Ulta, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and ColourPop pending (the first two are the three items from ABH holiday I wanted), recently received one ColourPop order, visited Kiko in-store, and shopped the NYX F&F sale. That's on top of the plethora of other posts I've already got queued or have been photographed.

If there's anything in particular you'd like to see, please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.