Tuesday, October 17, 2017

MAC Snow Ball Face Bag for Holiday 2017

Today I have a sneak peak at one of the items releasing on Thursday as a part of MAC's Snow Ball Holiday Collection- the Snow Ball Face Bag ($49.50, claims $85 value).



I referenced how I purchased this a week early in a post on Sunday. What I didn't say is that I found the experience to be as infuriating as the Sephora Epic Rewards, and even worse overall because when I expressed my unhappiness with the situation it was suggested that I stalk the website or find a connection. Not the way to treat your alleged best customers, MAC. I don't talk about my professional world because it's not applicable. But let's just say that sitting on MAC's website would be unacceptable, and I don't sit on my cell either. I didn't really feel like spending a single penny after that, but I knew I'd kick myself if I passed on an opportunity to nab Whisper of Gilt after passing last year.

Rant over, let's get back to the Face Bag. It comes in a clear box that I tossed without even thinking.



I'm not sure that this is the most value-packed MAC holiday kit, but it's got a product I've been curious about for a long time in a stunning pattern.

The packaging is very glitzy overall.



Lets talk first about the makeup bag. It's rose gold with silver sequins, and a faux-fur pom pom on the zipper. I don't see myself using this- which is sad because I usually love and use the bags from MAC holiday.  Moving on...

Next up is a mini fan brush.



This MAC 140SES is synthetic (boo!) and features a sparkly metallic rose gold handle. It feels very solid; I just very much prefer natural brushes.

As cute as the handle is, it feels slippery to my hands and I've been concerned that I'd drop it into the product the three times I've used it so far.

the back of the brush looks the same, minus the label. Just being complete here since I know I have this early.

Regarding functionality, it's fine. I have better fan brushes, but I've also used worse. I don't necessarily love it for highlighting, but it's nice to have a different shape to add to my collection. I wouldn't rush out to buy a set of brushes like this.


Now, onto the star of the show.



MAC's Whisper of Gilt Extra Dimension Skinfinish has gotten a glitzy makeover for Holiday 2017. The compact is tough to capture. Think metallic cracked ice or cracked glass effect.



It's multifaceted rose gold metallic- but it almost glitters despite not actually being glittery. Think fun hammered metal.

I could sit and look at this packaging all day. That said, let's talk about the product. You get 7.5g of product, and my compact states it's not for individual sale. I'm flagging this because the regular Extra Dimension Skinfinish highlighters contain 9g for $34. This is another sign that the value for this kit isn't really there.

Let's be honest, this isn't a value buy- it's because you want a full pan of a cult-classic highlighter in a gorgeous compact.

The powder has the same stunning snowflake pattern raised on the pan as the other products in the collection. This is a raised pattern. Sad but true: this is so pretty that I hesitated to even use it. I might buy a backup to stare at so I can use and destroy this one.



Let's talk about Whisper of Gilt.

It's a cult classic for a reason.

This warm gold highlighter really was one of the first blingy highlights. That said, I think I've been desensitized to highlights because I was surprised how natural it is.



I can't wear that many gold highlights, but this really will work well for me. I suspect it's the peachy undertones (much like I can wear the Peach Nectar Laura Geller highlight but Gilded Honey doesn't work as well for me.).

I'm surprised because I assumed it'd be too dark and too much. It's beautiful and I get it. Despite the drama, I'm happy to have it in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't like synthetic bristled makeup brushes, be sure to stock up on MAC's line of natural brushes now. They're discontinuing them and moving to a fully synthetic line. Macy's had 50% off all MAC brushes the other day because they're clearing them out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.