Monday, October 2, 2017

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Minis: Vanilla Quartz & Moonstone



What can I say? I love some glow- and a mini is always of interest to me. So when I got an email blast from Becca regarding mini Shimmering Skin Perfectors, I was all ears.



Becca is selling mini sizes of four Shimmering Skin Perfectors for $19 each.  For your $19, you receive 2.4g/0.085oz of product. These little cuties are available in: Moonstone, Opal, Rose Gold, and an all-new shade, Vanilla Quartz.

I purchased two of these for a couple of reasons. I like Becca highlighters, and own most of the shades. I've actually had Moonstone on my list of "to-buy"products for awhile; the opportunity to own it in a pan that I think I could actually use up seemed perfect.



For those two people out there that aren't familiar with Moonstone, Becca describes it as "a pale, incandescent gold that illuminates the collection." Moonstone is to fair complexions as Opal is to medium complexions- it's such a flattering shade and is wearable with a light hand on a daily basis.

I own a quarter-sized pan of Moonstone from the Holiday 2015 (?) palette that was Ulta-exclusive but it's not practical.

Now, let's talk about the all-new shade- Vanilla Quartz.



According to Becca, Vanilla Quartz is "a buttery white shade infused with universally flattering soft pink gold pearl."


All you had to do was say buttery and white- and I'm there. It photographs more pink than it is in person. But here's a comparison:


Looking at the photos, I barely see some pink peeking through. In person this one looks straight up yellow gold!

Here's an iphone photo of the day that I wore this out and about- you can see that it's subtle but works on my fair skin. I had NYX Custom Cover Drops on as foundation and UD Streak as blush here.


Yeah, I'm letting you see some texture, but we'll just deal with that later. It's a gorgeous shade that's perfect for us fair girls.

I may get some heat for saying this, but I'm happy that Becca has decided to also include a fair-friendly highlighter in its rash of recent releases. IMO, since Prismatic Amethyst none of the releases (Lilac Geode, Bronzed Amber, the Chrissy Teigen palette, Smoky Quartz) have been particularly pale/fair-skin friendly. I am so happy that all complexions are getting releases from the brand in 2017- it's needed and how it should be. But it's nice to get a shade that'll work for me as an effortless highlighter twice a year. I don't expect every release to work for me, but it's awesome to appreciate those that do. And yes I know that there are a plethora of shades on the market meant for me- I'm speaking specifically about Becca's formula here.

Please don't make me regret giving an opinion on that matter.

In case you're wondering, here's how they compare to Pearl:


I think it's Moonstone that makes Vanilla Quartz pull pink in the photos- on the skin it's quite yellow.

Now that we've looked at the shades, let's do some math. I love that I could pick up two shades for $38, making these exactly half of the regular price each. Before I get into value, this is great because it allows these formulas to be more accessible. We also all have way too many highlighters and don't use much so these are a great size.



If you've looking for value, this won't be it. Full size is 8g; to match the 50% price tag we we'd need an additional 1.6g of product. That said, I don't mind overpaying if the product's right sized.

These were, as I understood, to be a Becca online exclusive but I see them at Sephora. I highly recommend buying directly from the brand- free shipping, no minimum, and they use UPS. I ordered mine on a Friday morning and I received mine on Tuesday. I placed an unrelated Sephora order and had the same turnaround time.

Bottom Line: I love the size and the price- go, collect them all!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm light-skinned but found pearl to be a bit too white (unnatural-looking), and moonstone to possibly be too dark! These comparisons are very useful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.