Sunday, October 22, 2017

ColourPop Amethyst Crystal Liquid Highlighter




I've been blogging for over four years and this is the first time that ColourPop snuck onto this space. After a couple of recent orders, expect a few posts- but this won't be a frequently-cited brand. I'll get into why after I talk about this product.

I think we've established that I don't like liquid highlighters. Still, somehow the ColourPop Amethyst Crystal Liquid Highlighter ($9) snuck into an order.



ColourPop did a large crystal collection. Normally I would've gravitated towards the rose quartz, but my experience with Becca Prismatic Amethyst made me purchase Amethyst.


For that $9, you receive 25ml/0.85 fl oz of product. I did a bit of research and this is really well priced. Especially when you consider that one pump does the entire face- and then some.


Let me spread this out a bit so you can really see this.


It looks like there's a serious white base, but when it's actually blended out, it's perfection on my skin.


It's a glorious and diffuse. I found that this works three ways for me.

1. It's a nice traditional highlighter, but I tend to prefer powders.
2. On no makeup days, with a little concealer to even out my skin.
3. Mixed in with foundation- particularly a matte one.

I think I'll use the third use particularly wonderful during the winter.

I'm overall very impressed with the quality of this highlighter. I'm mulling picking up the blue one, but this one is probably the best for my complexion.

Now, a negative note.

There's a specific reason why I don't show ColourPop on this blog. I understand that their initial pricing is low, but if you look at the amount of product you get, it's not that cheap of a brand. I'm also not a fan of the shipping time. This order took eight business days; I'd nearly posted reviews of other items I ordered the same day before I even got this one. Wet 'n Wild and Milani are also drugstore brands based in California; ColourPop's shipping is dismal compared to these others.

I tend to get over whatever I purchase before I even get it. There's a reason I only purchase a couple of times per year. Perhaps it'll get better when the brand enters Sephora.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.