Monday, October 9, 2017

Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Contour Kit in Vampire Night

I almost feel like today's post is cheating, as it's just a single product. However, I wanted to review and get this up quickly because it's a Halloween-themed item.

Spoiler alert: it's not necessarily a Halloween makeup item. This isn't like the Wet 'n Wild specialty kits.



I picked up the Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Contour Kit in Vampire Night ($9) at Ulta one evening on a whim. Full disclosure: I own two other of the Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kits; if you'd like to see me review them please let me know.

There were three new, Halloween-themed lip kits on offer; I passed on the pure black and the unicorn. I thought that Vampire Night might be wearable in general.

These little kits are quite lovely in general- you get 2 full-sized items for that $9. Side note: the combo of this shade, black, and rose gold is maddening to capture without some inherent glare.



This would probably make sense, but Vampire Night reminds me of blood-especially when I swatched the lipstick on my hand.

First off, you receive a lip liner- which is quite creamy and nice- weighing in at 1g/0.03oz.


These are really creamy liners- they're quite beautiful. I actually enjoy wearing these liners with other lip products.




The liquid lipsticks are in a plain component with rose gold accents. They contain 5.5ml/0.18 fl oz of product.


This is what the wand looks like:


Now that I've given you a peek at what the elements of the kit look like, let's dig into the actual shade.


See what I meant about Vampire Night- especially where the lipstick got a bit of extra product- looks like blood? It's a subtle Halloween shout-out.

That said, I feel like this is a classic vampy lip.


Zoomed in, that wasn't the 100% best application. I overdrew my lips and it escalated. The camera made it look like dried blood, but it's still a fall color I'd rock.

In terms of formula, these are pretty drying- but that's to be expected. They're difficult to remove, so that speaks well of their lasting power.

That's it for a quick look at this Halloween product- I just wanted to share it with you before it's seasonally irrelevant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.