Saturday, July 29, 2017

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun Dipped Glow Kit


Today I have another Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit to share with you. The Sun Dipped Glow Kit ($40, 4x7.4g/0.26oz) was released earlier this spring, and it invokes summertime fun.



Unlike the Aurora Glow Kit, which has 6 square pans, this is the traditional four round pan setup. Each of these pans can be removed to be placed in a magnetic palette. My only highlighter regret is that I skipped the earlier Glow Kits.


These don't come with a mirror, but considering these pans are $10 each, I don't mind. Let's take a closer look.


These look like perfect summer highlighters- although I think 1-2 are way too deep likely.

Let's start with the darkest shade- Bronzed. ABH's website has this to say:

Bronzed – Amber with a penny metal finish


Bronzed is pretty much as you'd imagine- a glowy bronze. Let's look at a swatch, in studio lighting:


Here's Bronzed in ambient lighting:


Clearly, this isn't a highlighter on me. I think this would be spectacular on caramel or deeper complexions- and I'm glad that ABH included it in this Kit. I've tested this as an eyeshadow and find that it's quite lovely and glowy.

The second shade, Summer, is completely different. Let's go to the ABH site for their description first.

Summer – Luminous sand with a white gold finish


This looks like a yellowy champagne dream that's up my alley. Let's look at it under studio lighting:


And here it is under ambient lighting:


Although this is deeper than my skin tone, it's totally doable as a highlighter with a fan brush and light hand. I adore the sheen that it imparts.

Next up, cool-toned Tourmaline. ABH's website sums this up well.

Tourmaline – Warm taupe with a rose gold finish


I'll admit that when I first saw this, I figured there was absolutely no way that I could use it. Let me show you some swatches before I finish this thought.

And under ambient lighting:


This is going to shock you all, but if I mix this with Summer, I can dust the tiniest bit of this as a highlighter. I love that it's so cool toned in the pan but neutral on the skin. It also makes an incredible eyeshadow.

The fourth pan is Moonstone. No, not the Moonstone you're all thinking of- but similar train of thought. Let's go to ABH's site for their description.

Moonstone – Radiant quartz with a pearl finish


It's gorgeous and more of a true beige than Summer. It's not yellow at all. Again, I was concerned about it being too dark but I shouldn't have worried. First, swatched in studio lighting:



Next, in ambient lighting:



And just for giggles, Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonstone (L) v Becca Moonstone (R).


That's a huge difference- ABH Moonstone is much warmer and darker.

Like Summer, I find this to be the other easy shade for me. It's such a flattering summer shade, and I've enjoyed wearing it.

Bottom Line: Although I was initially concerned that it would be too deep for my fair complexion, I find this Glow Kit actually very wearable. The shades that are too deep are nice as eyeshadows (to be fair, I frequently use other Glow Kit powders as shadows!). I think it's a lovely addition to my Glow Kit collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.