Wednesday, November 29, 2017

bareMinerals You Won't Believe Your Eyes Eyeshadow Kit



Today I have the first of several bareMinerals posts that I'll be featuring over the next couple of weeks. This brand has only caught my eye lately. There's a bit of a story behind this item- the bareMinerals You Won't Believe Your Eyes Eyeshadow "Trio" ($10, Ulta), which was a Black Friday special release.

I'm a sucker for advent calendars, and I've been mulling the bareMinerals advent calendar since it was released. Here's the problem: I've never tried any of their classic loose eyeshadows! So when I spotted this for $10, it seemed like a better way to sample the brand. I figured that if I liked the formula, I'd pick up a full-sized shadow in a color of my choice. This claims to be a $34.50 value, which I seriously doubt. 

In this kit, there are two mini eyeshadows (0.28g/0.01oz each) and an Eye Defining Brush.



Let's jump into the eyeshadows. 



First up, bff. 


I didn't find this on Ulta's website, but I'm also writing this post with a headache- so I may have just missed it. The brand calls this "shimmering pink pearl."


I found this to be a very pale beige with pink undertones- but really frosty and metallic. I wouldn't call this a pearl at all. Take a look at the swatch (dry, with finger):


Very opaque- and straight up metallic. This will be a nice all-over lid shade for subtle glam.

Queen Tiffany is in the normal shimmer range ($15, 0.02oz).



The brand calls this "medium bronzed brown."


I was really impressed by the shimmer and complexity of this shade that's visible even in the loose bits.


I think this could be a lovely, everyday was of color. It's not as metallic or harsh as bff, so I see this being more flattering across a number of complexions.

Here's the two shades, swatched:


I think this duo would find a welcome place in any makeup lover's stocking this holiday season!


I'll also take a moment to talk about the Eye Defining Brush that's included. I would never use it with these shadows, but I'll put it to the test sometime. It looks like it'd be good on the outer V.



I haven't played with these other than swatching, but wanted to post a quickie overview of the kit in case you were wondering about it as a present. I think it's the way to go rather than the advent calendar, personally!  I'll post in the comments as I play with these- I think this is a very affordable into to the brand's classic product line.

For $10, I think this is a great value and I'm glad I picked up this kit. Sometimes you wonder about the Black Friday releases, but I think this is a winner from bareMinerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.