Thursday, November 30, 2017

Two for Thursday: Quick Drugstore Holiday Picks

Since it's the end of the month and I'll also be posting a monthly favorites, I wanted to share two quick reviews on drugstore (or drugstore-priced) beauty holiday kits.



First up is the Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color Collection.

This set is marked at $4.99, but I found it last weekend on sale for $2.99 at both Rite Aid and CVS, with $2 rewards attached to it. Yes, that makes this set $0.99.



In this set, you receive nine of the Megalast nail polishes, each weighing in at 0.17fl/5ml. This is one of the cheapest formulas at the drugstore, but one of my favorites. It lasts and lasts on my nails.

I thought so much of it that I picked up one for me, and one for my mother for Christmas. If that's not a stamp of approval, I'm not sure what is.

I feel like this kit has neutrals, bolds, brights, and classic shades- essentially, all you'd need for any number of looks. I think that this is a great kit.


Next up, the Real Techniques Fresh Face Favorites Kit.



This retails for $19.99 at Ulta, but I found this kit for $6.99 at my local TJMaxx.

This set comes with three brushes: a BB/CC brush,a contour brush, and a detailer brush.

It also comes with a sponge wedge.

Do I think this is worth $19.99? Nope. But if you spot it at your local TJMaxx like I did, remember that it's this year's kit and totally worth it. I love Real Techniques brushes, and I find them to be really high quality.

Sorry for the quick post, but I wanted to share two kits I've picked up recently with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.