Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighter Palette


I've been quite vocal that I'm in love with Wet 'n Wild's Megaglo highlighter formula. So when they announced their first highlighting palette, I was in.

I forgot just how bad Wet 'n Wild's shipping is. It took two weeks for this to cross the country to me- meanwhile, it launched at Ulta and I could've had it much faster. I did run into a glitch with the website after ordering that required me to contact customer service. They were very quick to respond- same day- so bravo to that.

But two weeks shipping. In 2017- heck it'll be 2018 in a month and a half. Not acceptable. Love your products Wet 'n Wild, hate your shipping.


The Megaglo Highlighting Palette retails for $14.99, and contains four new shades. The palette has a  net weight of 0.19oz/5.4g each.


There's no mirror, but the four plastic pans (in the cardboard palette) were protected by a plastic overlay.



Let's jump into these.

First up, Sweet Peony.



This is a frosty pink without that much pigmentation. I noticed right away that these shades are more glittery and less metallic than the singles.

Next up is Diamond Lily.



I've really been feeling blue highlighters as of late, so I had high hopes. This is ok, but not fantastic.


The lower left shade is Wild Cosmos.



This shade is interesting- it's green but there's some purple running through it. I loved it in the pan, but it's not as fab on my skin.

The final shade is Wild Azalea.


This shade looks pretty in the pan, but it's a dad. It disappears on me, and it's stiff to the touch. Also- that's actual glitter, guys.

Let's go to a group swatch and then we'll talk. I think the swatch (fingers) will tell you all you need to know with this one.



I'm somewhat baffled by this palette. These don't feel like the singles- and don't have that same glide. There's so much more glitter in these, and Blushing Azalea even is invisible on my NW13-15 skin.

I love this formula, and these are different. I see so much promise in these shades, but they lack the buttery high-end feel of the singles. There was a huge opportunity here, and I feel like it's just not up to the bar that Wet 'n Wild has set. Will I use these? Yes. Will I reach for these as often as the singles? heck no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.