Sunday, November 5, 2017

Kiko Milano Fall 2.0 Magnetic Eyeshadows & Eye Mask

After falling in love with the one Kiko Magnetic Eyeshadow that I initially purchased, I went back for more. Truthfully, it was the stunning performance with primer that made me think that I needed more of these.


There are a total of six shadows in this collection; my purchase means that I own half of the collection. These contain 0.7g/0.02oz each and retail for $16. I selected shades 04 Purple Mind and 06 Thinking Green to add to my collection.

In case you're interested, the remaining three shades were a deep copper, royal blue, and dark brown.

Let's start out with 04 Purple Mind.



I went back and forth on this shade, but decided that it was unique. I love the packaging- and think that having the bottom sticker match the shadow is a perfect touch.


04 Purple Mind is a sparkly, warm-toned purple. It's unlike anything else I have in my stash. And that's saying something. I normally go for the cool purples, but this screamed fall to me.



I love these magnetic loose pigments- they're so silky smooth. This shade also swatches like a dream.



That's one swipe, without any primer. When I tested this with primer, it still looked pristine when I removed it at the 14 hour mark. The performance of these shadows makes me wish I'd invested in the MAC Spellbinders last year. Oh, well.

Next up, 06 Thinking Green.


I'm so into green shadows right now, even though they're not necessarily the most flattering against my light blue eyes. It's all green everything though- this reminds me of a sweater I just bought. This... this is holiday.


It reminds me of a spruce green- just a tad of blue undertones to the forest green.


Just looking at how much was on the inner lid, I had a feeling this was different when I first opened it. I wish I hadn't been right.

But don't worry, this has a happy ending.  Just stay with me.

Here's the one-coat swatch, no primer. Go ahead and grimace with me.


WTF, right? The good news is that it builds up nicely. The following swatch is still no primer- but I patted 1-2 additional coats and built it up. This still doesn't exactly show how beautiful it really is.



So, I decided to get out Too Faced Glitter Glue.  And if I'm going to show you just how much of a difference the base makes, why not get out all three of these babies.

Behold the sparkly goodness.



What a difference, right? Now there's my beautiful shadows and the performance I'm used to. I think this shows why I'm quite smitten with these. With the 36M shelf life, I can actually see these getting used.


Now, I have a little bonus review to wrap up the post today. I noticed that there's an eye mask that pairs with this collection for a cool $6.



It's a black lace mask- this is the only in-action photo you'll see. I had a hard time with it being really large on me.  And yes, I do have a tiny, faint freckle/mole on my eyelid there.


It's not my favorite eye mask, and I didn't find it to be extremely hydrating. It was fun to try it once, but I wouldn't repurchase. There weren't any long-lasting benefits.


Overall, I continue to be impressed with Kiko's offerings. I'm writing this before the Holiday collection launches, but by the time that this goes live I will have made my way to my store to check it out. I'm only sorry that I didn't explore this brand earlier- it's consistently great products. The Magnetic eyeshadows are so good that I'm keeping these in my drawer for the month. That's saying something! I hope that additional shades are released in the future- I'd love a champagne.

Have you tried anything from the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.