Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Dose of Colors The Snuggle is Real Liquid Lipstick Set for Holiday 2017

Today's posts are all about Dose of Colors, and my lips were on fire the night that I swatched all of these. I've not shown all of the shades that are in my stash, but I have shared my thoughts on the formula in this post and this post in the past. Spoiler: it's one of my favorites.

Dose of Colors launched two LE liquid lipstick trios for the holiday that are an incredible value. These liquid lipsticks, that contain 0.16oz of product each, retail for $18 each.


Say hello to The Snuggle is Real and the Holibae Sets. Each contain a trio of all-new, limited edition shades- and they retail for $29 each.

I'm going to talk about The Snuggle is Real in this post, and my review of Holibae goes up at 6PM EST.


The Snuggle is Real is a collection of cozy nudes. After testing all of these, snuggle is exactly the word I'd use. When I see these colors, I can think of lounging at home with large cozy sweaters, luxe throws, and textures. These would look incredible with the loungey colors- creams, greys, browns, etc. Cream came to mind because I was wearing an oversized cream sweater while playing with this set.

One quick note- these do dry down to full matte, but I didn't want to actually murder my lips so I didn't let them totally dry for swatches- either on the lips or on the hand.


There are three shades in this box: Let's Cuddle, Lazy Daisy, and Warm & Fuzzy. They're all exclusive to this kit, and make a fantastic addition to any nude-lovers set.

Let's start off with the lightest shade in the box- Let's Cuddle.


According to the brand, this is supposed to be a "warm beige." I find it to be a beige that leans towards camel.


In case you were wondering, these are the same as the regular lipsticks. Now, let's go to the swatch:


In theory, I like this color. It's just not quite right for my pigmented lips and my coloring. That said, it would look fantastic on those of you with medium or deeper skintones.

Sorry for this photo, but it's actually the most true to color of all that I shot. Even if it's a lil' blurry. Just look at the color!


This is my least favorite in the set- my natural pigmented lips poked through a bit.

Next up is Lazy Daisy.


According to the brand, this is "dusty mauve taupe." I don't really see the taupe as much as I see a dusty mauve- my perfect dusty mauve!


This is what so many MLBB liquid lips look like on others but look so dark on me. Take a look at this on my lips.


I wish this wasn't a LE shade- I've finally found my MLBB dusty mauve liquid lipstick!

Last up, Warm & Fuzzy.


According to the brand, this is "warm rose."


See what I meant about wet swatches? I see such strawberry red but muted in this color, if that makes any sense.


On my lips, this is another winner.

Here are all three shades in The Snuggle is Real box.


Overall, I think this is the perfect present for your punched up nudes lover, or for yourself. This is such a lovely box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.