Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored




Let's talk about one of the few Black Friday releases I was drawn to: the Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored ($24, 4ml/0.13fl oz).


Uncensored is a bold and bright red that's striking on her (check out this photo- we're assuming this is Uncensored on her) and also supposed to be a universal red. I think it's incredibly bold on my complexion, to be honest.


Yes, I do have the MAC nail polish from the Brooke Candy collection that's packaged in a similar manner. My nail collection is all over the place, so I won't be sharing that in this post but they are similar. However, the applicator makes all of the difference:


Pro tip: that's not nail polish, and a little brush isn't for the lips. I found the faux confusion a non-issue, to be honest. What I found more difficult, however, was controlling the formula.

I actually wrote this post as I was testing it for the first time so the thoughts are very fresh.

Application: I found this little wand to work well, although I was concerned with the liquidity of the formula. I was able to control it by using a small amount of product. However, it's one of the most difficult formulas I've dealt with to apply. So if you're not used to liquid lipsticks, particularly runny ones, be armed with makeup remover and Q-tips.

Drydown and Comfort: I was really impressed with the drydown. I actually didn't know that it was dry until I looked at a mirror. It's very comfortable. This formula didn't provoke my lips, which is helpful this winter.

Transfer: That said, I was shocked at the transfer everywhere. The color still appeared to be on my lips, but my goodness it was on everything. It fails the kiss test miserably for the recipient- but it does remain on your lips.


This is Uncensored, swatched:


Yes, this is a bold and striking red. It was actually jarring to wear it while I tested it; I was doing a no-makeup day otherwise (I mentioned my knee injury on Sunday, and that's when I wrote most of this post.)



I think it looked pretty good on the lips- even without a ton of prep in advance. It was shockingly red- but it'd look amazing with a hugely glam look. I'm thinking a nude shimmer or glitter on the eyes, a classic wing, and Uncensored on the lips.

Do I like the formula? I like it better than most liquid lipsticks because it didn't destroy my lips. Is it easy to work with? Not really. Does it transfer? Yes, to the point where I'd want to babysit it. It's a shame, since this is a "holiday party" color but I'd be afraid to wear it to one.

I'll be interested to see if this formula is rolled out with other shades. I'd be interested in a MLBB shade. I think it's worthwhile checking out, but just be aware that she's high maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.