Monday, November 13, 2017

LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lipstick Set II


Alright, it's time to dig into another one of LORAC's Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lipstick sets. As a reminder, these contain five full-sized lipsticks and cost $29. Most of these are permanent- or recently released limited edition shades.


Set II contains five of the satin lip colors. It can be found at Ulta, Lorac.com and HSN.


Let's dig in, shall we? Since these are permanent items, these will be short little blurbs.



First up is Optimist.


LORAC calls this a "soft pink." I happen to think that this is the perfect description.


It's a little light on the lips, but it'll work well with some lip liner. I don't have any on my lips here.


I used to be more into these colors, but every now and then they're lovely.




The second shade is Cat Lady.


This is described as a "soft mauve satin." It's a little darker than Optimist- but more of a wearable shade.


I had a hard time capturing it with my lighting situation (if it'd been summer, I would have been fine!), but this is a shade that was released previously as a LE. I like it a lot.







Third in the pack is Damsel.


This is one of those classic shades that are gorgeous and I gravitate towards. I thought it was a member of the permanent line, but a search didn't turn that up. This is described as a "dark mauve satin."


It's more of a classic cool-toned mid pink, in my opinion.

OK, the following picture is horrible quality and pixelated. However, this is true to actual color.


Damsel is a beautiful everyday shade. Sorry for the photo, but it needed to be seen true to color and that was the best way I could do it. Somehow I feel horrible for posting that- consider it a color swatch not a lip swatch!



Next up is Day Dreamer.


This is described as "plum fuchsia satin." It's not a member of the permanent lineup.


I think it's lovely, saturated, and perfect for this time of year. The hand swatch is accurate to color.





Last in this pack is Prom Queen.



This is a "dark burgundy satin," and not a member of the permanent collection. It's lovely.


I'm slightly afraid of these creamy reds for an all-day wear, but it's nice. I haven't worn it all day, but then again- I'm all about reds for the holiday season... which starts soon!

Let's wrap this up by looking at the set as a whole.


And some swatches:


This is a very nicely balanced set- from light pinks to daily nude pinks to berries and reds, it's got it all. The satin formula is beautiful and hydrating, but it's not long-lasting. You'll need a liner with these, and be sure to reapply.

I have to say that I prefer the matte formula overall, but I still think this is a fantastic value. These lipsticks retail for $18 each normally- so you're spending less than 2 lipsticks for five- and getting them in really pretty pink packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.