Wednesday, November 29, 2017

ColourPop Supernova Shadows in Moonlit and Walk of Shame



I'm sorry to be bringing you one of my big disappointments. I try to find the positive in most products (even if I pro/con them honestly), but these... they're better than the other liquid shadow that injured me, but that's a low bar.

After some mixed experiences with the Stila Glitter and Glows and loving the Wet n Wild liquid shadows, I (like half of the internet) pretty much fell over myself when ColourPop launched their new Supernova shadows ($7, 0.17oz/4.7g). I threw two of these into my most recent order.

Let's get into this.



Walk of Fame is a gorgeous nudey gold that has some serious bronze and silver sheen. It's rich and beautiful. I had all sorts of dreams on how to use it.



Here's a good look at the applicator on these. However, I don't use applicators with liquid shadows- I transfer the product to palettes and use little eye brushes.



Swatched, this looks stunning. I did these swatches before I tried them on the eye and I felt like this was promising.



I loved my testing look upon application, but I'll get into my issues with this product after showing you the other shade I picked up.



I'm a sucker for purples, despite being mentally scarred by another purple liquid shadow in the past.



Moonlit is a stunning, shiny warm purple. It reminds me of a certain other shade, without the p damage to my skin.



This is such a perfect color, in my opinion. I love how gorgeous it is, and it looked just like fall to me.


And here's both of these swatched together:



Now that we've all oohed and aahhhhed over just how beautiful these shadows are, let's talk about my experience with them.

I don't recommend them to anyone.

That pains me to say because I've been liking the ColourPop products that I've tried lately. And these are so beautiful. Here's what happened to me all of the times that I tried them, no matter the base. I've tried these on a bare lid, over a cream shadow, over a powder, and over Glitter Glue.

Across the board, these are flaky. Dangerously flaky in my opinion. Just don't mess with items that fall into your eyes- you have one set of eyes and taking care of them is incredibly important. It was such a mess every time that I wore it that I think it's the formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.