Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Butter London Majesty's Metals Glazen Eye Gloss Set for Holiday 2017

Today I have another holiday kit to share with you- one that actually checked my spending during Ulta 21 Days of Beauty. Say hello to the Butter London Majesty's Metals Glazen Eye Gloss Set ($32). I purchased mine at Ulta when I had the 20% off coupon that included prestige.



I'm not brand-new to the Glazen Eye Glosses, but they are new within the past two months to my collection. After having reactions to a couple of creme eyeshadows, I've been leery. I'm happy to say that these are just fun.


You get four minis in this kit- which is still a great deal since who really is able to finish a jelly eyeshadow? These are four neutral shades that I can see myself actually using up. Let's dig into them a bit. According to the brand, two of these four are brand-new shades.




I love that brands go all-out these days- these are identical to the full-sized Eye Glosses, just mini!


And when they're in wearable colors, it's even better. These contain 2.8g/0.1g of product each.


If you'd like a comparison, I've got my two full-sized Eye Glosses for comparison:


Let's jump into the shades and really dissect this kit, ok? One quick note- I used a MAC 242 for all swatches.


First up is Starlight. According to the brand, this is a brand-new shade.


It's described as "soft shimmering champagne."


These have all of the full-sized details, from the stickers to the internal protective lids.


I find these to be an odd texture, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. They're jellies.



When it comes to Starlight, I find it to be a warm-leaning champagne neutral that's perfect all over the lids for work. And I'm one of those people who has to keep it neutral at work.


I find this to be really pigmented and opaque. This is a lovely shade, but it's not groundbreaking in terms of creme or liquid shadows to be honest. I do suspect this will be the first that I finish though.

Let's take things a bit cooler, shall we?



Next shade is Moonshine. This is a part of the permanent lineup, and I was ready to purchase it from Ulta when I found out about this kit.


Moonshine is described as "cool sparkling taupe."


Perhaps it's a reaction to all of the warm things shoved down our collective throats the past couple of years, but I've been reaching for cooler shades as of late. This is right in my wheelhouse.



This photo just shows the unique texture of these shadows. They do dry down- just keep your eyes closed until they do. Give it 3-5 minutes for best effect and you'll avoid any creasing.


This is a little more sheer than Starlight, but it's the type of shade I'm apt to use as a one-shade wash of color when I'm running very late for work.



Next up is the shade that caught my eye in the initial release of this formula and the one I've wanted ever since.



The third shade in the kit is Icing. It's described as "cool sparkling mauve."  I disagree.


This is straight-up rose gold, kids. I'm not seeing mauve. It's a glorious rose gold!




This is a classic shade- it was one of four initial releases for the brand, before they got into mermaids and unicorns. (Yes, that's an illusion to the two full-sized ones I own but never featured on the site.)



I could just dive into this pool of rose gold jelly.


Here's the swatch that makes me just warm and gooey inside.


Icing's so pigmented and opaque- and glorious on my lids. This type of color is perfection for me and my blue eyes.

Last up is the shade that made me super nervous. I'm going to readily admit that I've only swatched and played up to this point- and longtime readers who saw the Stila incident will understand why I'm side-eyeing deep purples. If you're not familiar, please click that link and educate yourself. It's a consumer issue that the brand NEVER responded to.



Now that I have that off my chest, let's talk about Amethyst.



The brand describes this all-new shade as "rich warm sparkling eggplant."


It's a really warm red purple- with a different texture than the others. That's part of why I'm nervous about it. This one's very liquidy compared to the normal jelly I've seen in all others shades.


See how thin it is? It doesn't translate to being patchy. This was smooth and pigmented- with less obvious glitter.


I didn't have any issues with staining, and I'm going to go a few more patch tests before eventually putting my big girl pants on and putting this on my eye.

Here's a look at how the whole set looks at once:






Overall, I think this is a highly-giftable, high-value set. Even though these are minis, they're plenty big- but finishable before they turn. I love these colors- and will eventually stop being afraid of purples- and am happy to have this in my collection. If I had someone to give this kit to, I wouldn't hesitate to gift it.

As far as performance- the minis are just like the full-sized ones. They do dry down, but make sure that you let them dry before opening your eye in order to prevent creasing or transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.