Thursday, November 16, 2017

LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lip Gloss Set I


I've alluded to these sets in my prior reviews of the Alter Ego Lipstick Sets I & II (Set III coming soon), but this is the first of three LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Lip Gloss sets released for Holiday 2017.

These sets don't directly correspond with the lipstick sets, but contain a mix of LE and permanent collection items in pink packaging. These are the same size as the regular releases, and at $17 each normally you can see how the $26 price tag for six glosses is a real steal.


There's a nice rage of shades in this particular kit, which can be found at Ulta or Lorac.com.


In general, these are thick, hydrating, opaque glosses. I'm not wearing liner in any of these photos. With the exception of the lightest shades, these can be substituted for the lipsticks.

Let's jump in.

First up is Angel.


According to the brand, this is "nude with a gold shimmer."


I have to concur. This is the weakest shade in the group in terms of opacity, but when you're dealing with a nude gloss that's not necessarily a bad thing.


My pigmented lips do peek through.


Ick up close, but this is a nice topper.

Next up in the kit is Heroine.


According to the brand, this is "pink mauve."


This is such a lovely, wearable pink.


It's fully pigmented and covers my lips:


I like it despite the gold glitter.


The third gloss in the kit is Duchess.


This is described as "rosey nude."  I do already like it in the lipstick.

I find these colors to remain true, whether they're lipsticks or glosses.


This is an easygoing neutral shade that's great at the office. I've thrown this in my bag more than once.



Fourth up is Calypso.


This deeper shade is described as "berry violet."


It's a perfect Fall gloss, which I appreciate.


And it does look great on the lips.



Next up is Prom Queen.


This is described as "soft burgundy."


This deep red screams fall to me, how about you?


And it does look amazing on the lips:



The final shade in this set is Athena.


This is described as "true red."


It's slightly coral red, in my opinion.


Doesn't this look like the holidays?



That pigmentation is real.


I think this has a really nice shade range.


And a group swatch to remind you of the range:



Overall, I do enjoy these glosses. With glossy lips back on trend, this would make a great addition to your makeup collection, or a fab gift. Consider this QBB approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.