Monday, November 6, 2017

LORAC Mod Goddess Lipstick Set I

For Holiday 2017, LORAC released six lip sets with its Mod Goddess set. Phew. Believe it or not, I've got all six of them for you.


There are three lipstick sets and three lip gloss kits. I'll be breaking them down, one by one. Believe it or not, a lot of time went into this!



Over a course of six posts, I'll be talking about all of these:


One quick note- most of these shades are in the permanent line.

Let's get started with LORAC Mod Goddess Lipstick Set I. This set contains five matte lipsticks and retails for $29. It's available at Ulta and Lorac's website. This is the only matte set of the three.



If you're looking to pick up the matching glosses, Set III has the most overlap (2), Set I has 1. CEO also has a gloss in the permanent line- you'll just end up with the gunmetal packaging.



Each are 0.12oz/3.4g each- the same as the regular collection. The main difference is the blush pink component instead of the usual gunmetal.



This is my first experience with the mattes, and I've been quite impressed with them. I've been reaching for them more than the cremes because of their dense pigmentation and lasting ability.


Let's dig into this set.



First up is Working Girl.



This is described as "blush nude."



This is the lightest of the bunch and honestly not a color I reach for this time of year. It's a peachy nude, but I think it's rather pigmented and creamy.



I struggled with my lighting trying to get accurate lip shots- that's what I get for trying to shoot after sunset. There may or may not be lip shots for all of these, based on how badly the blue balance was off.



Next up is Duchess.


According to Lorac, this is a 'rosy nude.'


It's a MLBB nudey shade that's nicely pigmented.


It's very wearable- and I've worn it to work a number of times while testing this kit.  I'd call this one of the more conservative ones- perfect for the office, and perfect for those of us with pigmented lips.



Next up: CEO.


Lorac calls this one "dusty rose." I just call it pretty.



I want to get the lip liner and gloss- that's how much I like this color. This is the type of nude I've been gravitating towards this fall.


No lip shot, but I'm going to do a full post on this shade when I get the liner and gloss.

Next up, Aphrodite.



I'm baffled by LORAC's "deep rose brown" description.



I guess I can see the brown undertones, but not what I'd picture with that description.


I've found this one so easy to wear this fall- and it didn't seem out of place in my conservative workplace.


Next up, Selene.


According to LORAC, this is "rose red".


Rose, yes. Red, no. This is such a beautiful shade- I wish I had more to say about it.



I actually think this is my second favorite of the kit.


To refresh your memory, here are all of the lipsticks, lined up.


And swatched:


This is really more of a gifting overview. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this kit for anyone on my list. I generally hate matte lipsticks, but I'm in love with LORAC's formula. It doesn't parch my sensitive lips, and it hangs in with simple grace. It doesn't migrate from my lips, and it's amazing. This kit has a nice range of shades, and it just works.

I've worn all of these aside from Working Girl for at least one day and I approve of the formula- and the shades. I've alluded to a conservative workplace, and these were all appropriate.

This is my favorite of the six lip kits- it's a fab value, and the products just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.