Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Dreaming

So, this post is a little late for anyone keeping track.. Sorry about that! Unlike most of my posts, I'm not scheduling it- it's going live as soon as I get it done. I was actually at Walgreens when this should've gone up, and I'm really far behind on my cleaning for the holiday.

None of you care about that, but please indulge the ramble a bit. I'm hoping to get a second post (a quickie review of two drugstore skincare gifts I picked up) up later today. It's mostly back to holiday products for me. If you're interested in seeing where all of my Holiday 2017 reviews are, I've created a nice and easy to use page that you can access here- or on the sidebar. After I've finished with my reviews, I plan to create a gift guide or two. (That's why there's brands like L.A. Colors on there- they're drugstore holiday offerings.)

Now that we've established that I'm live right now, let's talk about what I'm eyeing to purchase this week (for reals). I can see myself picking up 2-3 of these tomorrow.


1. NYX Lippie Countdown Advent Calendar ($65, but $29.99 on Black Friday at Ulta)



Last year, I did the NYX Lingerie Advent Calendar and enjoyed it, but I think I prefer this year's version by far. I love Advent Calendars because it's the closest I get to true surprise gifts. I'm not complaining, but the one downside of being a totally independent, single woman is that there's no surprise gifts in my life. My father was the the surprise gift giver, but he's not with us anymore. My mother's more the practical gift giver. I've got five (hopefully to be six or seven) advent calendars this year that I'll be posting on Instagram.

2. Smashbox Smoky Cover Shot Eyeshadow Palette ($29)



I'm actually testing the Sultry palette today from the holiday set. For me, it's all about that gorgeous green that I want all over my eyes. I have a hair appointment at Ulta tomorrow- I'll probably bring this home with me!

3. Body Shop Tea Tree Mask ($17)



For some reason, one weekend back home visiting my mother set off acne that I haven't seen in literally two decades. Don't worry, there's going to be a lot of updated skincare reviews coming. I'm finding tea tree to currently be what my skin needs. I meant to pick up this mask but totally forgot.


4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz- Medium Brown ($21)



I lost two things two weekends ago: my Brow Whiz and my backup car keys. I'm hoping to unearth my keys when I clean my beauty room later today or tomorrow, but I'm going nuts without my Brow Whiz.


5. KMS MOISTREPAIR Anti-Breakage Spray ($23.50)



This is one of two breakout products for me out of the Ulta Love Your Curls Kit that I gave the quick overview of. I fell in love with it enough that I purchased a second kit when I discovered that my local Ulta didn't stock the brand. I need to purchase the full size.

6. Simplehuman Mini 5" Sensor Mirror ($129.99)



After tomorrow's aforementioned hair appointment, I'll have 2000 points. For those who don't know Ulta's rewards system, that's $125!  Since I was gifted the larger Simplehuman mirror last year, I wanted to nab the rose gold eye mirror since it's perfect for travel- but it's expensive. That said, these are worth the investment and I nearly have purchased this over and over at my local Nordstrom.


What are you looking at this week? My list is getting a lot smaller after all of the stupid spending I've been doing lately. And yes,there are tons of reviews coming. I'm working as quickly as I can!

1 comment:

  1. Update: After 6 hours of cleaning, I unearthed both the missing car keys (which elicited a squeal of joy) and my Brow Whiz (which elicited an "Oh Thank God". Now I can go to sleep at 1:40AM.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.