Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Ulta Love Your Curls Kit



I think it's time I come to terms with my new reality: I no longer have straight hair. After years of longing after messy waves and spending a ton of time curling it, my hair has undergone an evolution. First came the summertime frizzies. Then, I started getting little curls around my forehead. Now, if I don't fully dry my hair, flat iron, and pin it up to sleep, I get waves.

This is a whole new world from someone who used to have hair that would shed a curl within 2-3 hours. So I'm still trying to figure my new hair out.

Enter the Ulta Love Your Curls Kit.



To be fair, this has a sample of one of the items I was mulling in-store and I thought it might be a good set to try. I'm not going to go too deep into each item, but if you're familiar with them please leave your thoughts in the comments!

This kit cost $9.99 and claims to be a $56 value.



Let's take a quick look at the products inside:

1. Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil (full size: $38)



Honestly, this is one of the products I was mulling. I'm at the end of my Drybar oil, and I love putting a bit on my ends. I'm a huge fan of Living Proof and nearly purchased the travel size ($20).


2. DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture (full size: $36)



This is a Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask. I've been loving a matcha cleanser, and I'm into hair masks... I'll probably try this very soon.

3. Matrix Air Dry Twisted Boho (full size: $18)



This is one of two products I don't see myself using anytime soon. I already own the Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It cream and will be using that for quite awhile!

4. Bed Head Screw It Curl Hydrating Jelly Oil (full size: $21.99)



This is the other product I don't think I'll be reaching for. I'll play with it this winter because it perplexes me. That said, this is a huge product.

5. Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (full size $26-75)



I wish I'd seen this a couple of months ago. I'm very interested to pro/con this against my Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream!

6. KMD Moist Repair Anti-Breakage Spray  (full size: $23.50)

For some reason, I didn't photograph this. Whoops.

I'm in. I use a protein spray on my hair several times per month, and I'm always looking to rotate my products.

I'm so happy that Ulta is stepping up their game with these kits- I almost picked up a drugstore skincare one at the same time. I'm looking forward to digging into this kit- and figuring out my new hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.