Monday, November 27, 2017

Cargo Emerald City Eyeshadow Palette



Today we're going to talk about Cargo's smaller palette offering for Holiday 2017; I have many thoughts about the Emerald City palette ($34, Kohls/Ulta, spotted en masse at my local TJMaxx for $9.99).

I knew that this Seattle-themed palette was interesting to me, but my feelings changed completely when I found it at TJMaxx. Dear Cargo, you're destroying your brand to me. Current holiday LE palettes at 2/3 off? I feel like a fool for having paid full price.


Let's jump into the palette. It's not very Christmas, but it's lovely. You've got some light neutrals that lean a bit cool, some deeper shimmers, three greens, and a random rich brown.


In other words, this is your typical Cargo palette. I do appreciate the emerald packaging.


Let's open it up. There are a total of four mattes and eight shimmers and metallic shadows.


It's pretty basic, and it's ok. It's nice to have, but not my favorite of the holiday releases. Let's dig into it, and I'll pro/con it for you.



Here's the first row, swatched. It's a nice, cool-toned, neutral palette.


And the second, darker row:


See what I meant about it being a nice, neutral palette? I just don't find it exceptional.

These perform well. I don't find Cargo's formula to last exceptionally long on me, even with primer. I was able to do a number of neutral, work-appropriate looks from the palette.

Now, let's pro/con it.

Pros: This would make a nice gift for someone on your list, especially if you can find it at TJMaxx.  It's neutral and very pretty and does have those 70s vibes (hi, Lake Union?) that are so popular right now.

Cons: This is at TJMaxx, so I don't recommend spending full price. It's also extremely similar to another Cargo palette I spotted at TJMaxx. Take a look:


That's the Wanderlust palette. So you if you can find this palette instead, grab it. Either palette would be nice for the makeup lover on your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.