Thursday, November 9, 2017

Hourglass Confession Refillable Lipstick Set for Holiday 2017


I'm not sure why it is that I've been dragging my feet on doing this particular review, because this is one of my happiest discoveries. I picked up the Hourglass Confession Refillable Lipstick Set for Holiday 2017 ($54) during the Sephora F& F set and have honestly struggled to test the the rest of the LORAC sets I should've been wearing because I fell for the formula.

I want them all.


Hourglass introduced the Confession refillable lipsticks earlier this year, and I scoffed at the small size. The stylo, with cartridge,retails for $34. Each refill retails for $22. Perhaps it's a good thing that I didn't fall earlier- I'd have 10 of them by now otherwise.

This set comes with one body and three lipsticks- all new and limited edition.


They're not hard to swap. Just pull off the Hourglass lid to expose the lipstick, then pull that small end off- that's what you snap into the body of the stylo. I'll probably purchase a mixture of stylos and refills, since I don't like having to continually swap but it's also a lot cheaper to get some refills. There's less lipstick in each of these (.03oz/.9g)- for comparison, a regular MAC lipstick is more than 3 times the size at 0.1oz/3g. So yes, they're expensive.

But they're worth every single penny. Because how many times do we finish a full lipstick?

Here's a quick look at the gorgeous stylo:


It feels elegant to use- but it's also ergonomic. It's so easy to be precise and I love this.

The refills don't photograph well, but here's what they look like:



Let's talk about the three shades.

True Love Means is the lightest shade- it's a peachy nude.

Hourglass calls this "pink nude." I don't see pink- I see peach. Sorry!


It can be slightly patchy- but just line carefully and you'll be fine.


My One Desire is the type of shade that I used to gravitate towards.


According to Hourglass, this is a "dusty mauve." I call it a blue-based, mid-toned, cool pink. AKA what I used to live in.

This photo has some seriously blue lighting, but there was no sun the day that I had to take an extra photo of this- sorry. I'm going to contemplate my lighting this winter, but to be honest- I have other things that matter more to purchase (like a washer/dryer!).


This is the type of shade I reach for when I just want something classic and pink.

The final shade in the set is You Are My.  Hourglass calls this "medium rose brown."


That's a rare natural light photo. Even the lower resolution of my iPhone doesn't hide the beauty of this shade.

I normally don't like browns, but I get so many compliments every time I wear this- and this is the the default living in the stylo. I wish it wasn't limited edition because it's my perfect dark nude. Heck, I was even stopped by a Sephora employee to ask what color I was wearing on my lips while wearing it. It's a showstopper. It just goes with everything.

Here's a swatch of all three:



Honestly, this is now my favorite lipstick formula. Everything about it wows me. It's so easy to use and to be precise even without a lipliner. They're moisturizing but don't migrate. I am running out of superlatives here to describe how I feel about this formula. I have a long list of shades to purchase now. I actually regret purchasing all of the LORAC kits because that money could've been invested in this line. And I like the LORAC kits!  That's how much this formula has blown my mind.

If this is still in stock near you, get it. It's a top pick for me for the VIB sale now. I just keep grabbing these over and over because they're low maintenance and beautiful. As I said, these are now my favorite ever. Sorry for sleeping on this, Hourglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.