Monday, November 20, 2017

The Body Shop Tea Tree 1,2,3 Rescue Kit

Happy Holiday-Week Monday (for my US-based readers). Although I've got a slew of palettes to review, I wanted to keep it rolling with the skincare sets.


Part of the reason I got behind on having a buffer of holiday posts was that I went away over the long weekend. Somewhere along the line, my skin exploded in acne that I literally hadn't seen in 20 years (I'm 35, dear readers). As my skin has responded brilliantly to tea tree sheet masks, I couldn't help nabbing this set from The Body Shop, which is an Ulta exclusive.

The Body Shop Tea Tree 1,2,3 Rescue Kit ($16) has three travel/small sized products from the line. I was drawn in when I spotted the tea tree oil, which I was thinking of purchasing on its own.


This appears to be a holiday kit- it's different than the three other The Body Shop Tea Tree value sets at Ulta.

Let's talk about the set, my experiences, and whether I'd consider it a good gift.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash (60ml/2oz): This is the only product of the three that I haven't tried as of yet- I didn't want to shock my sensitive skin despite it currently being broken out. I'm going to save this for a time when I'm even more broken out- or breakouts during the summer. I remember seeing this size in-store at my local Ulta, but it's not online. According to The Body Shop, it retails for $5.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner (60ml/2oz): I'm glad this wasn't the first product in the line that I tried, otherwise the tingling would've freaked me out. Looking at the ingredients, it's likely the witch hazel. However, Alcohol Denat is the second ingredient so please follow with an exceptionally hydrating cream because that's such an awful dehydrator. This size retails for $5.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (10ml): This is the smaller bottle, which retails for $10. My breakouts are responding so well to this treatment, and just the smallest bit goes a long way. Again, beware of the high Alcohol Denat content. (This is why I'm doing hydration masks with this anti-acne regimen)


All in all, this retails for $20 individually, or $16 in the kit. It's not the greatest value, but it's a nice little kit if you're interested in the line. I'm flagging the Denatured Alcohol content as a real issue for everyone, but these products are known to be great. It'd be a nice stocking stuffer- with a hydrating mask- and I love having this in my arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.