Thursday, November 2, 2017

Fenty Beauty Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipstick in Sci-Fly for Holiday 2017

Today I have a quick little overview of my lone selection from the Fenty Beauty holiday collection. Before I go any further, I'd like to applaud the brand for bringing out a full holiday collection so soon after launch. Although it's not necessarily all for me, I went into the store and played with it. It's fun- and it will be right for some people. I'm just not one of them.

That said, I picked up one of the Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipsticks ($19) in Sci-Fly.


This is the darkest of the four lipsticks, and the one that I deemed most wearable for my life. The whole collection is very glittery- which is awesome- but I was looking for a metallic, glittery lipstick that would be flattering on me.

I have to give some serious props to this oil-slick packaging. It reminds me of the Sephora Collection brushes from Holiday 2017.



For that $19, you receive a 1.3g/0.045oz lipstick. The entire package feels a little small, so I decided to compare. The Hourglass Confessions lipsticks (noted for being small) are .9g/0.03oz, MAC Liptensity is 3.6g/0.12oz, LORAC Alter Ego 3.4g/0.12oz, regular MAC lipsticks are 3g/0.1oz.

OK, so they are small. However, I'm not mad at the size because I rarely finish a lipstick and I won't use a glittery red every day.


These are a thin lipstick, which I think give me more precision. I love the FB imprint at the end.


That photo sums up the shade- Sephora calls it a "shimmering garnet," but I call it a deep red that's packed with multiple shades of glitter. There's a lot of blue glitter in particular, which is extremely flattering on the lips.

Here's what I like about this formula- it's sheer but completely buildable. Take a look at these swatches:


See why I felt this would be wearable? I happen to like it built up (that's 2-3 passes).

Here it is, without liner, on my lips:



I love the color. It's going to be perfect for those festive occasions- or nighttime. It's too much for my conservative office, but I can't wait to rock the glittery lips as often as possible. Despite the glitter, it does feel balmy- you'll probably want a liner with this. Wear time is not great but 100% what I expected with the texture. Keep this nearby to reapply every 3ish hours or when you eat or drink.

While the collection isn't necessarily for me, I appreciate the glitz and glam- and think plenty will adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.