Sunday, November 12, 2017

Kiko Arctic Holiday Collection: Holographic Highlighter in 01 White Snowflake, Metal Eyeshadow in 03 Mysterious Blue, and Eyeliner in 03



First, a giant warning and scolding: I am aware that these products aren't holo- their boxes are. I'm using the product name that's provided by the brand.

I know my holo, ok?

I picked up three products from the Kiko Arctic Holiday Collection- but I wanted everything. I've got the Holographic Highlighter 01 White Snowflake, Metal Eyeshadow 03 Mysterious Blue, and Eyeliner 03 today.



Let's start with the Holographic Highlighter.



The box is the only holo thing, but that doesn't mean this highlighter isn't pretty!



These weigh in at 3.5g/0.12oz and retail for $18. There are two shades- Shade 02 is a gold that'd be gorgeous on deep skintones so I didn't pick it up. White Snowflake was made for me though.



This stunner has a real purple shift that's made it one of my favorites.



Let's go to the swatch- this swatch and all others in this post are finger swatches as opposed to my usual brush method due to the texture and pan designs:



I've only tested this once because I can't force myself to put another highlighter down. I am looking forwarding to playing with this once it gets cooler- I see this as a true winter product for me.

One of the things you may not know about me is that purple highlighters are my weakness. I'm so very happy that Becca has stealth repromoted two of my favorite shades this holiday (Rose Quartz and Prismatic Amethyst- don't those tell you my comfort zone?) and I'll be snagging a backup of Prismatic Amethyst. Since the Kiko highlighter in question appears to be selling fast, here are a few comparison swatches.



L-R (reviews linked when they exist): Kat Von D Ultra Violet, Becca Prismatic Amethyst, Kiko White Snowflake, Ulta Fairy, Anastasia Beverly Hills Purple Horseshoe, ABH Spectra

To the naked eye, it's closest to ABH Spectra from the Aurora palette- but they're different enough to justify owning both. The Kiko's got more obvious sparkle. Sad thing is I didn't swatch one powder and two other liquid purple highlighters. I told you, they're a thing for me.



Next up, the single Metal Eyeshadow ($14) that I picked up.



There are four of these in the collection, and at first, I had them all in my bag. I selected 03 Mysterious Blue because it's unique in my collection.



This eyeshadow contains 2.5g/0.08oz of product.


This is a darkened blue glitter with a black base. But this pan? It's just lovely.


Take a look at the swatch, under two different light conditions.


The left side is under natural lighting, the right side is under artificial lighting to pull out the sparkle.

Now, a quick note on the other shades. I managed this sneaky swatch pic here:



I debated the cream eyeshadow sticks ($12), but passed. I liked the metallic lipsticks ($12) but the shade I wanted was out of stock. When they say limited, my store had 2-5 of each item!

Let's talk about the Metal Eyeshadows for a minute. My impulse was to buy all four, but here's why I only brought home one. 01 Frozen Gold is gorgeous but I have so many other pretty shades similar to it. I bought Natasha Denona Aeris the day before I went to the Kiko store, so that's why I passed on 02 Burgundy Aurora. I literally was testing the burgundy shade from Aeris so I swatched the tester on my hand, walked over to the mirror, and held it up near my eye. Done. I would've picked up 04 Nordic Graphite if I hadn't just bought MAC Starry, Starry Night.

I'm also so happy that I passed on the blue pigment from the Fall 2.0 collection-so this is truly unique in my collection!

I haven't been able to give this a true wear test because it's a weekend color- and I'm doing a look every night for #ProjectUseThemALL. I did test it along my lower lash line for a pop of color and it hung in well. It's also looked lovely the time that I tried it for a 3-hour stint. Normally I'd hold a review until I had a full wear test in, but these are limited edition and I wanted to get up a review ASAP. I have this in my travel bag and have it with me right now- I'll comment down below on my thoughts if I wear it while visiting family.

Now, let's talk about the final item I picked up, a double-ended liner ($9)


This has both a deep red side


And a soft, green, sparkling end.

I was really unhappy when I broke the tip on the green side just swatching:



So be warned, that shade is hella soft.

So, here's how the eyeliner looks, swatched:



I think these are really nice shades, and if I didn't have a ton of eyeliners I'd look at picking up the others.

Bottom Line: I have a feeling this is just round one of several for this collection. I'm really a huge fan of Kiko's releases- and I love the general vibe of this collection. Check back soon for the probable Round 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.