Friday, November 3, 2017

Too Faced Unicorn Survival Kit for Holiday 2017

I know it's Viseart Friday, but I'm struggling to schedule in all of these holiday kits so consider this a bonus post to get through Holiday 2017. Believe it or not, I'm scrambling to get all of the Holiday releases up before Thanksgiving... that's how much I have to review!



I purchased the Too Faced Unicorn Survival Kit within the first few days of its launch. Currently listed as a $26 Ulta Exclusive that has $48 in products, I decided just to give it a try. I'm usually a sucker for these affordable kits.

I have thoughts. Lots of them.

The three-piece kit comes inside of a cute holo makeup bag with unicorns on it.


Now, let's look at the trio of products.


First up, a deluxe sample of the Melted Latex in Unicorn Tears. It's 3ml in size.


Here's a few things to keep in mind. First, I only dabble in the unicorn makeup. Second, I've never tried the Melted Latex Formula. Third, I haven't played with this color in general.


I was happy to see that the same wand that I liked from the Melted Mattes was kept for the Melted Latex.


 So, it's a blue-based, thick gloss- with some purple hints.


I was shocked at how grey it looks on my hand there. Needless to say, I had a feeling it would look awful on my lips.



Unfortunately, I was right.

So, this is a bust for me. I think it's too sticky and thick to be used like the Milk gloss as a transformer. It is what it is, but it's not right for my life. Glad I didn't purchase a full sized product to make that mistake.

Next up, the product that made me feel the saddest of all.


Say hello to the Unicorn Tears highlighter. This sweetie weighs in at 2.5g, and is called a "mystical highlighter."



It's beautiful. It's a light blue and has a unicorn imprinted on it.

But it came broken.


That's after I attempted to fix it.  This is stunning and beautiful... and broken.  It's got that lovely blue duochrome highlight that's similar to the holiday Becca highlighter and the NYX Prismatic highlighter. It's freaking perfect on me.

But it's so soft that it crumbled. That makes me so upset...


It's beautiful but hard to use because it continues to crumble on me.  Sigh.

Now, off to the classic Unicorn Tears lipstick.


This deluxe sample weighs in at 0.05oz and is the least problematic of the group. It's also the classic. Take a look at this photo to see the hidden shimmer.



It's is one of the favorite that I've shot in quite some time- you can really see the glitter embedded in the formula.

So, does it translate?

Here it is on my hand:



And after I got rid of that swatch, I was left with light blue glitter all over my hand. Fun!

I tried seven different times to get a decent photo of it on my lips, but consistently failed. Given how long this product has been on the market, I gave up.

So, it is worth the $26?  For me, no. My favorite product is crumbling, one of the lips can be finessed, and the other's a hard pass for me. However, it would make a really fun holiday gift for any number of people.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.