Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dior Diorshow Catwalk Eye Makeup Set- Holiday 2013 (and a mini update)

I know the blog has been quite light on content these past couple of weeks. I've been quite ill and haven't felt up to writing, even on the very few photos I've been able to grab.  That, and every time I was able to get enough light to swatch my chain-smoking neighbor was outside.  And being highly allergic to smoke and already suffering with bronchitis, it would immediately chase me back inside.

I have been doing a bit of shopping- and swatching- so I'll be able to bring some new content to you very soon.

This post is going to be quite short, mainly because the mini quint enabled me to the extent that I picked up the full-sized version during the Sephora VIB sale (more to come on that- my haul was small but impressive).

Every year, Dior releases at least one of its Diorshow Catwalk Eye Makeup sets.  In my humble opinion, they're one of the best values out there and a can't miss.  For the price of the tube of mascara, you recieve a full-sized Dior mascara and a mini 5-color eyeshadow palette.  It's a fantastic way to sample Dior's quints before spending $60 on eyeshadow.  Last year's set featured 734 Greige.

This year's set is a winner.



The back of the box makes the contents clear:






Opening up the box, Dior has fabulously secure packaging:






Let's talk about the contents.

First, there's a full size tube of Diorshow New Look mascara:


This mascara retails for $28.50.  I didn't open up this tube (as I have other mascaras open right now), but I've used it before and can speak to it.  This mascara is significantly different than the other Dior mascara offerings, starting with the brush (stock photo via Nordstrom):


Love it or hate it, this mascara has a dramatically smaller wand than most on the market. It's only a little bit bigger than the wand on Clinique Bottom Lash mascara. I struggled with it, but am looking forward to having more precision in my application this time around.  (I'm not ashamed to admit I'm still learning and improving my technique!).  I didn't have problems with flaking or clumping with this formula, but the wand makes it a love or hate it.

The "bonus" in this set is what makes it such a can't miss.  In the name of full disclosure, after playing with this quint I had to buy the full-size (so I won't be reviewing it in-depth here).

This year's offering is 454 Royal K(h)aki.  I've seen it noted as both- Kaki is the French spelling of Khaki.





While I like Greige, I'm in love with this:



I'll be showing these colors better once I review the full-sized palette but wanted to give a quick overview of this set before it's gone.  I found mine at Nordstrom, but Macys may have it by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.