Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Dreaming

Sorry for the delayed Sunday Dreaming post!  Believe it or not, I'm working on some NOTD posts.  I was able to take advantage of the approximate 2 hours of sunlight to swatch a few shades.  Although I technically am plenty ahead, I'd rather show you some of the newer acquisitions first!

Beauty and Fragrance:

Marc Jacobs Beauty The Showstopper Holiday Set- $98



I'm a huge fan of two of the products I have from Marc Jacobs Beauty (my Magic Marc'er and the Genius Gel Foundation (review to come)).  I'm changing my opinion on the nail lacquers, especially since my Le Charm pedi without topcoat is going strong well into week #2. This holiday set seems like a great way to try a series of products.  Available at Sephora.

Fresh Sugar Treasures- $50



I'm a hopeless addict to Fresh's Sugar Lip Balm.  I've been dying to try some of the other shades, but at $22.50 each, it's a bit of an investment.  In case you're curious, it's the Cherry that's got my eye right now. This set looks like a great way to try a number of the shades.  Available at Sephora.


Drybar The Morning After Kit- $35



I've loved both products from Drybar that I've tried (review on brush #2 coming this week). I'd love to try their dry shampoo, and I've been needing a good shower cap anyhow.  This set looks like a good way to do both.  Available at Sephora.


Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion- $36



I've been wanting this lotion for months, but can't pull the trigger due to the price point.  It's not an ultra-moisturizing cream.  it's just a lovely lotion though. It has the Caudalie grape leaves smell.  Available at Sephora.

Clothes:
I'm on the hunt for a beautiful black tweed skirt.  I fell in love with this Jones New York skirt online:






I love that fabric. However, when I went to the store to try it on, I discovered that it looked dreadful on me.  I love my curves, but that particular A-line skirt looked like a straight-up triangle on me.  Not exactly a flattering look for anyone above a size 0.  A colleague wore a beautiful black tweed skirt this past week, too.  Now I'm on the hunt...




Home:

Le Creuset Signature 9" Iron Handle Skillet- $120






I've been doing more cooking that requires a skillet lately.  I've been really wishing that I had a better skillet (mine are cheap and 10 years old).  Slowly, I've been buying better kitchen tools.  I may be asking for this for Christmas (I know I'm asking for a French Oven!).  Available at Le Creuset.





That's some of the things I've been looking at this week. But to be honest, I'm pretty content with all of my recent beauty purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.