Monday, November 11, 2013

Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil- Amarone

Bite is one of those brands that has flown under my beauty radar until recently.  I'm just sorry that it has.  After such good experiences with the Best Bite Set, I wanted to try one of the other colors.  I spent quite a bit of time in-store debating between this and a lovely violet shade.





I selected Amarone, which is described as a "raisin berry" shade.

Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencils contain 0.09 oz of product and retail for $24, making the kits even more of a value.  As a reminder, Sephora is the exclusive retailer for these.





I love the construction of these pencils- they have the shade on the outside for easy recognition, and they have a good weight to them.  It's hard to describe, but there's an optimal weight for a product: not too heavy, not too light.




This is a lovely shade both swatched and on the lips.  I enjoy Bite's formula because there's a bit of gloss to the matte formula.

Here's a good look, inside, without flash:






Flash really pulls out the berry tones that are easily picked up in person:








It looks like a third shade outside.









I find this color to be a fall-friendly berry.  I get three to four hours of wear from Bite's matte pencils, but I drink all day.

Overall, I find this to be a fantastic value and worth exploring different shades in the line.  I have very pigmented lips, and this shade worked well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.