Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sephora Favorites Lip Service

One of the most hotly-anticipated beauty items every year are the Sephora Favorites sets. These mini collections offer huge value and allow you to try an assortment of deluxe minis and full-sized products.  Another key is that there are often different sets offered at Sephora/Sephora dot com and the Sephora inside JCPenney locations.



This Sephora Favorites Lip Service set is a Sephora inside JCPenney exclusive. It offers six products (2 full-sized) for $28 and claims a retail value of $83.






Let's start with the box.  The outer cardboard, which gives the details on the kit, simply slides off to reveal a rose gold box with a white Sephora logo:



 The lip products are nestled inside:






And now, the six lippies:


Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil- Pomegranate



It should be no secret that this is the lip product I was most excited to try out of the set.  Pomegranate is the cheeriest red I've tried in awhile.  I'm a newcomer to Bite's lip pencils, but I'm not wasting any time loving them.  These are mostly matte but have a bit of sheen to them and last for 4-5 hours.  Best of all, they're made of organic, food-grade ingredients so you don't have to worry about what you might be ingesting.

Swatches:

Outside

Inside, with flash



Outside

Inside, with flash





Buxom Full-On Lip Cream- Kir Royale



I unmistakeably mixed feelings about this product.  Color-wise, I love it.  It's exactly what I've been reaching for or wanting from lip colors this fall.  This is a beautiful wine-colored gloss.  Formula-wise, I loathe it.  I hate, hate, HATE any plumping/tingling products because my lips are so sensitive.  This product makes my lips feel like they're on fire, and beauty just isn't worth it.  I wish the plumping trend would just go away NOW.

Swatches:

outside

inside, with flash

Outside

Inside, with flash



Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar- Pretty Boy



This is my first experience with a Lip Tar, and Pretty Boy is a vivid, matte magenta.  These come with their own brush, but not the primer that OCC recommends that you use with them.  I found Pretty Boy to apply easily- but the Lip Tar itself was far more liquidy than I was expecting; there's a splat of Pretty Boy on my white bath rug as a testament.  This is liquid rather than thick gloss- so user beware!

Outside 

Inside, with flash

Outside

Inside, with flash



Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick- Nylon Nude



This is a beautiful nude lipstick.  The formula feels lovely, and I would've loved to have really worn this. However, I know it's a color that just won't work on me- hence the hand-only swatches.  I'll be passing this lipstick on to friends or family.  It should easily find a forever home because it's so lovely.

Outside

Inside, with flash



Stila Lip Glaze- Apricot



I think there's an unwritten rule that there has to be a Stila Lip Glaze in every lip kit.  Apricot is a popular inclusion.  It's a nearly colorless gloss.  For that reason, I'll just be showing you a swatch on my hand:






Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hours Lipstick- Inspired


 This is the other product from this kit I was looking forward to trying.  After being introduced to Tarte this summer, I've been wanting to try the 12-hour Glamazon lipstick formula.  Inspired is a neutral mauvey MLBB.

Outside

Inside, with flash

Outside

Inside, with flash







Bottom Line: Overall, this is one of my favorite curated lip kits I've tried and I find the SiJCP version to be superior to the one offered at freestanding Sephora locations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.