Friday, November 8, 2013

Ulta Eye Crayons- Birthday Girl + CInderella

I've been raving about various eyeshadow sticks on this blog for the past few weeks. It's time to bring you the bottom of the bunch that I've tried.

Let me caveat this short review with this: I don't expect the same performance from a $5-10 stick as a $20 or $35 stick.  That said, the two Ulta eye crayons I tried still fell short.


Ulta eye crayons retail for $8 each and are exclusively offered at Ulta.

Birthday Girl is a shimmery nude that's far frostier than any other flesh-toned eyeshadow stick I've tried.

Cinderella is a blue-purple-grey similar to MAC Stonewash Grey pigment.


Swatches:

Outside

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash

My gripe with these isn't color payoff- it's fantastic.  However, even with the strongest primers I have, these creased almost immediately and moved as if on an oil slick.  They made a mess of my eyes every time I tried to test them.  Has anyone else had any better luck? Please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.