Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Quick Five: Q + A with your Quirky Beauty

I'm not sure if anyone else is enjoying these, but I'm having a lot of fun writing them.  So, time for another round of Q +A!

1.  Is there any beauty item that you've coveted for a long time and couldn't bring yourself to purchase?

Yes, of course!  I can mention something that I picked up today on my way home from work.  Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Dominatrix.  I've been coveting that color since it was released but couldn't get my mind around the price point.  Spoiler alert: I picked up the shade that's being promoted for Holiday since I'm on a total neutral kick.  And since I'd broken that mental barrier, why not also nab the color I've looked at online for over a year?

2. Do you have any limited edition/discontinued items that you hoard or parcel out in tiny amounts?

You bet.  I have three that come to mind immediately. First, if I had the power to bring back any beauty product, it would be MAC Pearlglide Eyeliner in Wolf.  It's the perfect color.  Google it, I don't even like to swatch it.  Second, I managed to nab two bottles of Lush Snowcake perfume from a forum fragrance party a few years ago.  It comes out for the holiday. Mmm... snowcake.  Third, I have kept refrigerated constantly for more years than I'd like to admit Snowcake shower gel.  It's important to abide by Lush's expiration dates, but if you keep something in the fridge, it will last longer.

3. What's your current pedicure?

Marc Jacobs Le Charm, no top coat.  I'm testing it for durability.

4. Where do you do most of your beauty shopping?

Sephora, Ulta, and Nordstrom.  I prefer to buy in-person because I'm a visual person and impatient.  I also hit Macys, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Lord and Taylor and Bloomingdales counters in my area if I'm in hot pursuit of something.


5.  Do you ebay? You can save money there.

Not if I can avoid it. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. However, it's the only way to get some of the discontinued Chanel nail polishes.

That's it for this lightning round!  Please remember to submit your questions- you may see them in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.