Monday, November 11, 2013

NOTD: Dior Diorific Vernis 318 Firmas (Dior Golden Winter Holiday 2013 Collection)

Today's NOTD comes from Dior's 2013 Golden Winter Holiday 2013 Collection.  I've previously brought you both Minuit and Marilyn; this is the third full-sized Diorific release for 2013.  The only other nail polish released in this collection is a mini duo, which I looked at it Nordstrom the other day.  I won't be purchasing- I'm not a fan of textured nail art.  The small gold polish is more opaque than last year's holiday polish, but the "balls" are very large. 

All of that aside, I think Frimas is one of my favorite purchases in awhile.  It reminds me a lot of my HG work polish, Deborah Lippmann Modern Love.


All of the Diorific nail polishes are known for their adorable bottles.  Of note, these are not the typical Dior brushes.



Frimas (318) may appear to be a boring neutral at first glance, but this is a neutral with a kick!  Frimas has decidedly rosy undertones and is a very warm neutral.  It reads pink, not brown.  There is gold glitter throughout, adding to the warmth.

All of my swatches are with 2 coats, but one thin coat is only partially opaque.  This polish is a bit tricky to work with and is slightly gritty due to the glitter. However, it's worth it.

Sorry that my nails are so short, but I have to cut them all off every so often because they get thin and weak when they're left long for too long.

Pricing/Availability: $26/ 0.4oz, via Dior, Nordstrom, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.