Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sunday Dreaming: In the clouds

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my consumption patterns. There are some really big things that I wish I could purchase, and a last-minute trip I wish I could've taken. I've been toying with highly restricting my spending so I can save up for some larger items. I'm not likely to purchase any of the following soon but...

1. MacBook Pro 13" ($1499)


My current MacBook is 3 years old and feeling it. I've had to replace the hard drive already, and the touchpad is dying to the point where I use an external mouse. Although I take great pains to make sure this computer won't meet the Riesling- soaked end of my last laptop, it's time to start planning for the next version. I've had a MacBook Pro since 2010 and don't see myself changing it up anytime soon. I like what I like.

2. Louis Vuitton Neverful MM/GM ($1260-1340)



I'm not sure which size I want, to be honest. I own a vintage Speedy 25 and five Balenciagas, but I've never had the experience of walking to a luxury store and buying new. I want this to be my work bag. I know everyone has them, but I've grown to appreciate them. I'm leaning towards the Damier print (I adore the Azur, but let's be practical). Now that I'm in my mid-30s, I want to have that "I've reached the point where I can talk into the store and buy this not on a credit card because I handle my business and make my own money" moment.


3. Balenciaga Work & City Bags

I want fresh LV but I want pre-loved Balenciaga. I almost purchased this hobo the other day because I was obsessing on white things.  Real talk: I'm stalking this bag, this bag, this bag, this bag, and this bag.

4. Kendra Scott Elisa Diamond Pave Necklace ($950)



I'm thinking this could be next year's birthday splurge. This year I picked up a Harlow. If the birthday discount holds, it goes down to $712.50. It's 9 months now... If I chose to, I could clearly put aside $100 a month or so for this- it's just a matter of which luxury splurges I want to go for. Hm.


In terms of beauty items that are kind of splurgy, here's my actual and true wishlist:

5. Natasha Denona 28-Pan Palettes ($239 each)

It shouldn't be a surprise that I eventually want to get these. I love her formula, and these are on my long-term wishlist.

6. Natasha Denona Star Palette ($169)


I struggled not to buy this last winter, and I'm going to get this soon. One of my local Sephoras carries the brand, so I drool every time I stop by.

7. All of the Viseart Palettes ($80 each)



To be fair, I've been slowly collecting these. I have all of the Theory palettes (5 at $45 each), I have the Petit Pro ($30), and I've got 6 of the 10 12-pan palettes. I'll probably have the whole collection in another 2-3 months or so.


So, these are the big ticket items I've been dreaming of. What do you have your eye on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.