Thursday, July 20, 2017

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Beauty Exclusives: Winky Lux Flower Balm Set



Although it's currently sold out, I wanted to share with you the Winky Lux Flower Balm Set in case it comes back into stock. I've actually got a second post for you today about the other Winky Lux set- which is still available.

When I started researching the brand in support of my primer post, this product jumped out at me. Multiple large media organizations have featured the Winky Lux Flower Balms, a US-based version of the popular flower-in-lipstick that originated in China.



Normally, these retail for $14 each and come in five different shades.  For $22, this kit contains three of the brand's Flower Balms.

One of the things I already appreciate from the brand is that instead of a cardboard box, you get your kit in a reusable cosmetic bag.


And it's cute to boot! Seriously, this brand is really calling out to me. OK, let's get into the kit.



This kit comes with three of the balms, all of which are pH-reactive and turn pink. They're similar to Dior Addict balm and a plethora of others. Each balm has one real flower inside of it and contains 0.13oz of product.




I struggled with photographing their lip products- they're like a little pill and wander off.


They're gorgeous, right? Imagine pulling one of these out in public.


I don't have a lot to talk about because these are pH-reactive balms. All 3 are the same color, and make my lips a pretty pink:



In comparison to the Dior Addict Lip Glow, the Winky Lux Flower Balm makes my lips darker and warmer.

It's hard to really do an in-depth review of this type of product, so I'm just going to shower you with flower pictures.

Pink:

Purple:


Blue:




Overall, I think these are fun. I probably should split up the set so that they all get used before the product turns. I like these pH balms; they're comfortable and quirky.

I'm happy to have the kit, and if it comes back in stock, nab it! They're not ultra-longwearing but they are balms. My lips love these. I know this isn't a real review per se, but since they're sold out and this is such an Insta-famous product... not something I want to go too far in depth with.

I'll be posting a review later today on the other Winky Lux item. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.