Thursday, July 6, 2017

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink & Superstay Eraser for Summer 2017


And now, for the total opposite end of the spectrum from the hydrating, thick, gloopy glosses Maybelline decided to launch another formula of matte liquid lips this summer: Super Stay Matte Ink. This joins the ColorSenational Vivid Matte Liquid Lips and the Color Jolt Intense Lip Paints in Maybelline's lip lineup.  (Side note: Maybelline also launched metallic lipsticks but I'll be passing on those.)

I nabbed one of mine off of Ulta.com for $9.49, but I got the other two at a local CVS when I spotted them in-store. There are 10 total colors, and I'm more than good with the three that have found their way into my collection.  These are allegedly a saturated liquid matte with 16-hour wear.




Well, let's take a look:

The first shade that I picked up is 10 Dreamer. Yeah, I know another mauvey pink- but at least this one's warm-toned. Ooh, variations (I'm mocking myself). Or, so I thought, based on the tube which appeared to match the color.


This is the lightest pink of the bunch, and I always like to try these shades. They're not that hard to perfect, but with pigmented lips they are a true test of the formula.

The applicator on these is interesting- it's a totally flat doe foot with a reservoir




By the way, not sure what type of smirk I've got going on in the swatches. Sorry!


Surprise! Not warm toned at all!  Thanks for changing it up, Maybelline.

I like it a lot. It does dry down, and these do require some effort to remove. I tested this on a weekend day, and it held up ok to eating and drinking. It is a drying formula, which is to be anticipated.

Next up, 15 Lover.



This is one of those mauvey dark nude/MLBB shades that pull really dark on my pigmented lips. I feel like this is a fall color on me (well, really... this whole formula mostly screams fall to me because I'm feeling glossy lips right now.).

I really enjoy this applicator:



And here's a lip photo. It covered my lips completely, even if I was too impatient to let it dry down fully. 


Again- a fall shade for me, so I'm putting it away for a couple of months. But I'm actually more into this deeper shade than the lighter one for some reason. That's new for me.

Lastly, I have a pop of color- 25 Heroine.


Part of me wants to ask "now, what were you thinking?" This bold coral-orange is 100% out of my comfort zone. Then I look over to a pile of 8 other new drugstore releases from Maybelline and L'Oreal and see only neutrals and I remember. This was me trying something different. It's bold, alright.


The question is... can I wear it?



What do you think?  I know I missed a bit when I cleaned up, but this was the most accurate photo I've taken to date of this shade. I think I like it.

I feel like I'm missing something... Oh! Swatches!


They're nice. I had to photograph prior to dry down because otherwise they wouldn't have moved.


Maybelline also introduced the Superstay Eraser Lip Color Remover with this collection.


This is 100% a great addition and super portable.


It does the job- but then again, your cleansing oil at home will do the same.

Bottom Line: I plan to play with all but Heroine once it gets cooler, as I'm not into matte lips right now. I think the formula is nice- it seriously won't quit. I recommend trying one out to see if you like the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.