Friday, July 14, 2017

Tarte Tartiest Blush Palette

Over the 4th of July weekend, Ulta had a giant sale online that included a few items that I'll be reviewing over the next few weeks. One of the best values, in my opinion, was the Tarte Tarteist Blush Palette ($38 regular price, Sephora and Ulta).



I nabbed this LE blush palette for a cool $24. This palette weighs in at 4.5g/ 4 x 0.1458oz- and is the Amazonian Clay formulation.

The only downer for me is that the palette is Made in China, given Tarte's history of quality inconsistencies of LE v permanent collection items, based on where they're manufactured.


As an aside, Tarte has the most gorgeous packaging.

OK, let's open this up.



That's what sold me. These 4 pans of blush for $24 ($38 regular? Stunning.

There are three mattes (Live, Love, Dream) and one shimmer (Laugh). These are all shades that I'd play with- especially for summer.

I almost hate showing you these swatches, but I will. In each of these shots, here's the order: Live, Laugh, Love, Dream- and it's in a number of different lighting situations.


OK, these may look pale, dusty, and patchy but my experience on my face (After playing for a week) is that these are pretty and bendable. This is one of those products that swatches don't do justice.

Bottom Line: Totally worth the money. If you see this on sale again, pounce. Reality far exceeds swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.