Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Glitter Tuesday Vol 1: Happy Birthday, America!


WOO! It's our nation's birthday, America, so let's take a long weekend and enjoy life!

And if you're not American, please just enjoy the glitter and my first attempt at drawing shapes on my eyes. WHAT? Please keep in mind your QBB is legally blind without her glasses. Double WHAT?



Let me take a moment to divert from the impending awesomeness to tell you how much better this post would've been if a company had shipped in a timely basis. I had planned to start a new series on this blog today that I've been dreaming about and feature the 2 new Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow shadows. And then Stila decided to take over a week to ship order #1. So, I started thinking about the best way to welcome Glitter Tuesdays to QBB, and then BOOM! I had a glittery American flag on my lid. WHOA. I did get them after I completed this look, naturally.

First of all, it takes a small army of products to do something fun:



Let me give you the step by step before I show my first real lid art attempt. Many of the products I used were limited edition, sorry!



1. Prime entire eye area with MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. Set with Kat Von D Bone down to crease, Kat Von D Linen in the crease and lid.

2. Take a small blending brush and work a mixture of Kat Von D Bone and Kat Von D Suede into the crease area to define the eye area.

3. Take NYX Eyeshadow Base in White with a small brush and cut the crease. Apply all over the eye.

4. Set with multiple layers of Kat Von D Linen. Don't stop until it's a bright white canvas. This is what you'll be building on.

5. Pick up a little bit of Giorgio Armani Liquid Eyeshadow in 2 on a tiny brush and pat onto the inner 1/3 of the lid. Build a nice consistent layer.

6. Immediately take a tiny brush and pick up Kat Von D Nebula and pack on top of the blue base.



7. Once that's all set, take a nail dotting tool, sanitize, and pick up a couple of flecks from Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Diamond Dog to create the "stars".



8. Set up an area with some Too Faced Glitter Glue on a palette, some MAC Fix+, and some Pat McGrath Venom Microfine Glitter. Work with 1 brush to slowly draw part of the straight line across the crease and immediately tap the glitter on. Build the solid line.

9. Repeat to create 2 more lines.

10. Pick up Kat Von D Suede & Bone on a small blender and buff any crease mistakes.

11. Get rid of fallout. Do your undereye concealer. (I used Tarte Shape Tape and set with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light)

12. Do your brows. I use a combo of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow & Brow Whiz

13. Pick up Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Navy Black. Line upper and lower 1/3. Pick up Sephora Collection Diamond Eyeliner in Swagga and line outer 2/3 upper/lower.

14. Inner corner highlight- MAC Silver Pigment.

15. Finish with L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise.


And here's the look!






Not perfect, but not bad for a first attempt, huh? Keep in mind I'm legally blind without glasses, too!



Now, let's talk what Glitter Tuesdays will be. At least through the end of summer, if there's a post on Tuesday, it'll be a glittery product. Even though I'm in my 30s, I still adore glitter- just not every day. And on America's birthday when I didn't want to post a review, this seemed like a great way to kick off this series... since Stila decided to not cooperate and ship in a timely matter.

Oh, well.  If you've got the day off, enjoy it! If you're an international reader, sorry for any celebrating Americans in your midst. We like to have fun once a year, ok?

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.