Saturday, July 8, 2017

Laura Geller Island Escape Palette for Summer 2017



Laura Geller is a relatively new brand to me. I was first exposed by the powder foundation via Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty. Porcelain is gorgeous on me- and it pulls nice and pink. Even though I liked and used the product, the brand didn't grab my attention.

I have a confession: I started buying Laura Geller this spring because I was out of brands to try at my local Ulta. And it was a good thing, because I'm slowly working my way through parts of the line.

The Island Escape Palette ($42, Ulta-claimed exclusive) is comprised of 12 baked eyeshadows in a colorful cardboard palette. It's a little more sturdy than the larger Nudes/Warms/Cools palettes.



I'll be honest: it was the green in the lower right that sucked me in. I'm obsessed with that color for summer in general- so my mind danced with joy when I first saw this palette.

I don't use baked shadows dry- but I did swatch for you just so you can see the difference. It's two different palettes! Honestly, these (like most baked shadows) are patchy and unpigmented when they're dry but stunning wet.

Row 1: Au Natural, Daybreak, Passion Fruit Pink, Hot Tropics- DRY



Row 1: Au Natural, Daybreak, Passion Fruit Pink, Hot Tropics- WET



Row 2: Island Haze, Wild Hibiscus, Paradise Purple, Deep Iris- DRY



Row 2: Island Haze, Wild Hibiscus, Paradise Purple, Deep Iris- WET



Row 3: Pebble Beach, Black Sands, Deep Waters, Jungle Green- DRY



Row 3: Pebble Beach, Black Sands, Deep Waters, Jungle Green- WET


Can we just stare at that green for a bit? That completely makes the palette for me.

I will mention that this is extremely messy:


I think Island Haze is likewise beautiful.

As a palette collector, I do love this palette. I find baked shadows to be a lid-only formula because they tend to be shimmery. Do you need more shimmers? Probably not. That said, these are the brightest baked shadows that I own... and that green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.