Tuesday, July 4, 2017

QBB Hauls: Recent Stuff I've Been Buying

For some reason, the internet loves hauls. They make sense for me a little more on YouTube than on a blog, but I'm happy to keep sharing. These make an easy second post, and allow you the ability to weigh in on what I review- all you have to do is ask!

I mentioned this yesterday, but any day that starts with a haul/formulaic post, you'll be getting a second post at noon or 5PM EDT. With today being a holiday, it's a special post.

Because of the long weekend here in the States, I've been spending time with friends, attending a couple of bashes (style post later this week), and doing a lot of shopping. I'm writing this post on Monday afternoon, so when I refer to days- consider it a current reference.


Friday Night Haul City

I had plans for rooftop drinks on Friday night, but my boss kicked us all out of the office early. I had a couple of hours to spare and I work in such a dangerous area- Sephora, Nordstrom Rack, Walgreens, CVS, and Macys are all within walking distance. So, Friday Night Haul City before drinks! I actually came home to find a couple of these at my door.


New drugstore goodies: Maybelline Master Precise Ink Metallic Liquid Eyeliner- Violet (I just wanted to try one of these), and all 3 colors (2 new) of the L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner- Black, Brown, Grey.

Glitter: 2 x NYX Glitters

Inglot: 3 x Inglot AMC Pure Pigment Eyeshadows

Sephora: 2x Stellar Stardust Lip Powder Trios (as enabled by BeautyTalk), Natasha Denona Blush Duo #15

Stila: 2x orders... In a Firenze & Next to Notte


I should mention that I placed a rather large Beautylish order earlier that morning. Whoops.

Saturday dawned hot and sticky. On my way to a bare-faced coffee run, I made an early AM TJMaxx run and really got some amazing things-



100 Count Ole Henriksen Truth on the Go Wipes, Strivectin Hair- Volume Shampoo & Conditioner, Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Marshmallow (a real score because the component is pristine. Win!), and Milani Bella Rouge Eyeshadow

Sunday was an errands day, but I did pick up a few things.


Between Ulta, Rite Aid, and Walmart, I picked up a ton of drugstore items: all 5 L'Oreal Infallible Paints Metallics Shadows, 2x NYX glitters, the rainbow Maybelline highlighter, 2x Wet n Wild pencil sharpeners, 1x Maybelline liner, Walmart's version of cleansing wipes (for swatches), and a Rimmel Oil Gloss.

I made it out of Sephora for $20: an Almond foot mask & Cake and Bake Sponge.

Kiko called me like I was a lost child with a huge sale: 5x Water Shadows (review coming), 2x Gel Duo nail polishes (including the white I put on for Monday's party), a mini nail polish, and one of the items from the latest capsule collection.

Oh yeah, I also picked up the BH Carli Bybel palette.



I took yesterday (Monday) off to enjoy a nice, long weekend. I made plans to meet up with a friend for a casual lunch before heading off to a rooftop white party (note: this is a party in which all people were asked to wear white head-toe and not a reflection on race).

We were in one of my favorite local areas, which is a retail/food/living mix. My favorite jewelry boutique (Kendra Scott) is in this area... so the spending juices started early. (Keep in mind that there are plenty of days that I don't spend any money- this was a holiday weekend.


Before lunch, my friend enabled me to pick up the Kendra Scott Rose Quartz Kiri necklace, Bright Red Andy Bracelet, and Goldstone Jana bracelet. (The Bright Red Elles were a subsequent Nordstrom purchase- with notes- as was the MyTagalongs case).

We made a quick post-lunch Target run- I was able to replenish my Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse, and grab the L'Oreal Infallible Paints Matte in Festival, and picked up the ELF Cream eyeliner in Teal Tease (which I've been on the hunt for)

On my way home, I stopped at TonyMoly to pick up some masks- I used my last Tea Tree mask on Sunday, trying to combat a breakout. I picked up: 5 x Tea Tree masks and 2 x Green Tea masks.

I also swung by SiJCP and picked up Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Violet Vixen (yassssss I have them all!!!) that I had on hold. I then scoped the sale section and nabbed the KvD Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita 2 and Shade & Light Quad in Smoke. They had new 100 pt-perks up: Tarte Tartiest Pro Glow Liquid Highlighter in Stunner & Becca Ever-Matte Powerless Primer


I'm now just waiting for my purchases last week to trickle in.

Have you hauled anything fun lately?

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.