Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday Dreaming: The Base Edition

I could start raving about all of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale items that I'm still lusting after... or, I could just talk about the foundations that I'm eyeing at the moment.

Foundation is a never-ending obsession with me. It's probably linked with a quest to have a perfect complexion, or something. Until about a year ago, I only had maybe 5 foundations around at a time... now I have a drawer.

I do make sure that they don't go bad, by the way. My mother always leaves my home (or I bring to her) a box full of foundation for her to go through, and to let her similarly- complected friends pick through. I've gotten my mother hooked on Rimmel London and NARS in this way when she used to be a user of the CoverGirl Smoothers (?). You know- the squeeze tube ones you can get in the drugstore.

In no particular order...


1. Givenchy Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation ($51)




I know, an expensive foundation to start. I'll probably wait until the VIB sale this upcoming November to purchase this as I work my way through my foundation stash. This wore really nicely for me and seemed like a great, medium-weight foundation. I think I need a full-sized bottle in my life.

2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation 1C0


Oh Estee Lauder, why do you hate me so much? I literally have to wait until either I or someone I know is going to the UK or brave eBay to get my stupid shade because you discontinued it in the US. No, 1C1 DOESNT match me. ARGH.

3. Antonym Certified Organic Baked Foundation ($38)


I know and have heard literally zero about this product. But I'm interested!

4. Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation ($40)



So I'm obsessed with every Milk product I try. Naturally, I'm looking to snag a sample of this as soon as it's at my local store!

Are you looking at any foundations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.