Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bite Beauty Best Bite Set

Today I'm bringing you a new obsession: Bite Beauty's Best Bite Set.



First, let's talk value.  This kit retails for $25, and features 4x 0.05oz Bite lip crayons.  Bite lip crayons normally retail for $24 and weigh in at 0.09oz each.  This set is valued at $55.



The Best Bite set has 4 shades, and comes in a purse-friendly tin.



Swatches:

L-R: Quince, Rhubarb, Cranberry, Madeira

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash
Outside, no flash


The Shades:

Quince is a vivid, shocking pink.  Bite describes this as a rose berry, but I found it similar to NARS Mexican Rose in terms of intensity.  I loved the finish on this, but found it too intense for office-wear.


Inside, with flash


Rhubarb is a MLLB shade.  Bite describes this as a plum rose.  It's similar in tone but cooler than NARS Dolce Vita. This was my favorite shade out of the kit, and the most wearable in the office.

Inside, no flash


Cranberry is a limited edition shade.  It is a deep, vibrant red. It's almost shocking in its intensity, but it's perfect for the holidays.



Inside, with flash



Madeira is a nude pink.  I found this beautiful in the set and it looked amazing swatched on my hand. However, it's too light for my pigmented lips and looked silly.

Inside, with flash


Overall, I love the finish on these. It's a great introduction to Bite's Matte Lip Pencils, and I'm eyeing a number of other shades to try ASAP. I'm feeling the matte finish at this moment.

Bottom Line: This is a must-buy. It's a great value, and the colors are fantastic.

Pricing/Availability: $25, exclusively at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.