Thursday, April 3, 2014

Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush- 06 Tangerine

Today I'm going to share with you my very first Burberry blush purchase.  I picked this shade because I was drawn to the display in my local Burberry boutique.


Since this is my first blush review, I have to take a few moments to talk about the nitty gritty details.  Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush contains 7g/0.24oz of product and retails for $42 (making this the most expensive blush I've personally bought).



Burberry's blushes come in a case that's identical in size to the eye palettes:



 These blushes come with a substantial mini blush brush built into the case:



Tangerine is shade 06 in the line. This photo makes it look pinker than it actually is.  Tangerine is a pure light orange/nude.  Here's a shot of it in the sun:






I love this photo because it's fairly accurate in terms of the shade- and it demonstrates that there is zero shimmer to this blush.  It's such a great color, especially now that spring is about to start. Like all other products, this has the Burberry plaid embossed in the powder.




Tangerine is a very sheer, buildable powder. I intentionally over-swatched to give you a feel of the color.

Outside, no flash:



Inside, no flash:


Inside, with flash:






Out of these photos, I find the inside with flash to be the closest to what the naked eye observes.  While Tangerine may not be the shade for everyone (it is lovely for spring/summer, but I wouldn't wear it for fall/winter), I highly recommend this formula. It lasted a full work day and just gave a lovely hint of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.