Saturday, April 19, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 06 Almond

Today's bit of Burberry is Sheer Eyeshadow #6, Almond.  It's one of the more matte shades in the line and has found a special place in my routine.


Almond is a mid-toned, matte brown with neutral undertones. I'd call this more of a lid color than anything else.





I've had the opportunity to test Almond for over a month and have honestly yet to figure out how exactly to wear this alone with my skintone.  This is, however, a perfect blending shade (I'll get to that below).


I experienced less fallout with this shade than I normally do with Burberry shadows.  I also find it exceptional in terms of ease of blendability. With primer, it easily lasts all day.  I'll show you my perfect way to use Almond below.

And now, my favorite part- swatches.

Outside, without flash:


Outside, with flash:



And finally, what I've found to be the best use of Almond:


My ultimate work-friendly soft neutral smoky eye is Pale Barley on the lid, with Almond blended from mid-lid to the exterior of the eye.  Then, I use Midnight Brown in the crease.  The overall look is soft and beautiful, just like what you'd expect with Burberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.