Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Burberry Lip Cover No 30 Primrose Hill Pink

Today's dose of Burberry is actually one of my favorite products that I've tried so far.  Lip Cover #30, Primrose Hill Pink.



This shade was originally launched as a part of the Spring 2012 collection and is now a part of the permanent collection.




Primrose Hill Pink is a flawless shade. It's a beautiful, bold pink-coral that works equally well on warm and cool complexions.



I've mentioned before how lovely the Lip Cover formula actually is. It's pigmented and creamy without emphasizing imperfections on the lip surface. This isn't a formula that you have to worry about. It also has lovely staying power.  Over an 8-hour workday, I only needed to touch up after my morning coffee and after lunch. That's fantastic- especially since the satiny shine hung on.



I have a few swatches to share.  First, on my hand.

Outside, without flash:


Outside, with flash:


Inside, without flash:


Inside, with flash:



I also have a couple of shots of Primrose Hill Pink in action. First, without flash (the glossiness is muted as a result):



This photo with flash is probably the closest to real life out of everything. I think it's obvious why I love this shade.



I tried to pull a quick comparison- and I don't have anything like Primrose Hill Pink in my collection.

I noticed that Primrose Hill Pink is actually the same shade as one of my favorite bold work totes- Coach Laura in Patent Leather.



Overall, this shade is right in my wheelhouse- a cushiony, bright pink with coral undertones.  This is perfect for spring, and it's been a near-constant companion since I purchased it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.